Real world MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

housecat

Reaction score
Premium octane not required in the Raptor. Something else to think about.
Definitely not required, but manual recommends 91 or higher. I don’t notice any real power change to be honest but my mpgs did increase. Might have just been due to more miles on the engine though.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Definitely not required, but manual recommends 91 or higher. I don’t notice any real power change to be honest but my mpgs did increase. Might have just been due to more miles on the engine though.

I noticed a huge power loss when I went from 93 to 87, you know, at WFO. Also lost about 1.5 mpg. I've gotten used to it.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Yes I know I've had a few trucks in my day. If I was that concerned I would not have bought the TRX BUT there is a decent difference between the two trucks especially with gas prices going up.

We have 888 days left of this POS in the White House...plenty of time to get gas to $10 a gallon to push their green new deal. Make us suffer so much that we "have to" go electric. They want gas prices to go through the roof.
We'll have $10 ($11+ premium) gas by August...trust me. Could be $14 by years end. It's already $9 in CA. So factoring that in still bad either way. I don't care--can't do anything about it and I refuse to drive anything else for my truck use. As JP Morgan said today 'there is a hurricane...not storm...coming in the next few months'.

He won't need another 888 days to destroy what's left of US. Going to be a bumpy ride.

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently at 18.5 mixed. Last full interstate trip I took (parts were construction at 55mph, so that boosts it) I got 19.8. I don't drive it crazy though.
I don’t drive it crazy either. In fact, my commute to & from work is about 27 miles (each way)…95% hwy. I’m in no hurry to get to work nor am I in a hurry to get home. So just feathering the gas pedal, I get descent gas mileage. My last few fill-ups (DTE) have been pretty high and I intend to keep it there. :driver:

Now, don’t let granny mode fool you cause I will calmly exit “granny mode” if need be. ;)

Attachments

• 299DE8B4-FAF4-4A81-A0A4-31F98601D090.jpeg
    299DE8B4-FAF4-4A81-A0A4-31F98601D090.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t drive it crazy either. In fact, my commute to & from work is about 27 miles (each way)…95% hwy. I’m in no hurry to get to work nor am I in a hurry to get home. So just feathering the gas pedal, I get descent gas mileage. My last few fill-ups (DTE) have been pretty high and I intend to keep it there. :driver:

Now, don’t let granny mode fool you cause I will calmly exit “granny mode” if need be. ;)
Dam that's nice...700 miles till empty lol the most I see in my TRX is 400 something. Smaller gas tank and worse MPGs

DCM

Reaction score
You guys all seem to get getting better MPG than I am. I get around 11 in town and 15.5 highway. I'm usually in normal mode and not driving aggressively. Wondering if you guys are running higher tire pressure. I'm at 38psi, factory wheels and tires.