Real world MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spyderpb3

Reaction score
It's tuff bc I've always been a Ford guy. I loved my 2014 gen 1 which only had a sunroof issue.

Haven't had any issues with the TRX have almost 5,000 miles on it. Never owned a Ram before.

I can see your buddy only getting 9 in the city lol the nice thing with all the power is you don't really need to floor it to get around people lol.

I have a 2021 F150 XL with the base 3.3 as my work truck and oh my god is that thing slow lol getting out of that into my TRX is night and day difference
Damn dude how many trucks do you have?! haha

charlesraptor

Reaction score
I average 14-15mpg around town, but it's a pretty hilly area. On the highway I see about 19-19.5mpg. Around town I can limp it to roughly 18mpg, BUT that was with barely doing the speed limit and accelerating at 1,900 rpms and less... Hardly fun! If you love the TRX and it's not your daily I wouldn't swap it out just for marginally better mpg's. With the trade in alone you'll lose any gas savings on the transaction most likely.

quadmaster922

Reaction score
So I ordered a 22 801a (35s) back on December 2nd 2021. My salesman just informed me I'm getting a truck (should have my VIN soon)

With all the production drama with Ford I ordered a TRX which only took 35 days for me to get and I love it. I'm considering selling it and getting my Raptor.

There are two reasons I'm considering the raptor over my TRX.

Gas mileage
Torsen diff up front.

I'm averaging 12.5-12.9 around town and 14.3 on the highway. It's not horrible bc I have a work truck so my TRX isn't a daily commuter.

I figured the torsen diff would provide better traction in the snow than the TRX open front end.

What are your thoughts and what are you getting for gas mileage in your Gen 3s?
nice to have both, I was told the 22’TRX would be the last yr, so they will be a collector’s item, but I’m extremely happy with my 22’ 37 package , looking forward to taking it off road, good luck in your choice, btw I get 15.5 average on the 37’s

charlesraptor

Reaction score
I average 14-15mpg around town, but it's a pretty hilly area. On the highway I see about 19-19.5mpg. Around town I can limp it to roughly 18mpg, BUT that was with barely doing the speed limit and accelerating at 1,900 rpms and less... Hardly fun! If you love the TRX and it's not your daily I wouldn't swap it out just for marginally better mpg's. With the trade in alone you'll lose any gas savings on the transaction most likely.
O have owned 2
First gen raptors. Got 11
Mpg. Have had 2017 5 years getting 17 mpg combined . Ordered raptor beginning of January this year fully loaded 37 package. No vin yet hope it gets close to same mpg on 37s but doubtful . Trucks definitely get better after broken in .

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never bought a truck to Win drag races. Lol. Thats what muscle cars are for. You can make Any vehicle Faster. And there ALWAYS Someone faster. Like a dog chasing its tail. Own what makes you put a smile on your face. For me its my good old Gen1 and still LOVING IT.

Mars911red

Reaction score
I am hovering f around 14 MPG with mainly short trips. I am going to be driving cross country later this summer and hope to get 15-16 but my truck seems to enjoy cruising at a fast clip which does t help