RDFTS - 2020 GEN2 Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

So with the components below:

• Deavers +4HD
• RPG +2" Billet Shackles in Orange

Is it correct to state that the +4 HD Deavers would effectively eliminate the rear OEM 2" block while raising the rear 2" and the +2" drop shackle would keep the stock droop?

In other words this would give you an extra 2" of clearance in the rear while keeping the stock suspension travel, correct?

Actually with this setup, I am expecting the rear to be raised 1" over stock because the shackles lower it by 1", not 2". Over time especially when off-roading the leafs will eventually start to sag. Not too much being HD's but I am thinking in 2-3 years it will be pretty close to stock height. I am getting the upgraded Fox coil-overs so I will be raising the front to get it level. And yes with Deavers or ICONs, the factory block is removed and the longer shackles provide more articulation/droop travel over stock.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Actually with this setup, I am expecting the rear to be raised 1" over stock because the shackles lower it by 1", not 2". Over time especially when off-roading the leafs will eventually start to sag. Not too much being HD's but I am thinking in 2-3 years it will be pretty close to stock height. I am getting the upgraded Fox coil-overs so I will be raising the front to get it level. And yes with Deavers or ICONs, the factory block is removed and the longer shackles provide more articulation/droop travel over stock.

Ok, thanks. I guess the OEM drop shackle is a +1 then.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Ok, thanks. I guess the OEM drop shackle is a +1 then.
No stock is the baseline so any aftermarket shackle is referenced to 0”.
If you put these +2’s on stock leafs it would lower it by 1”. Just because the shackle is 2” longer does equate to the exact difference because of how the leaf springs pivot

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Well after delays with my build, I finally just paid a shop to install the big stuff. Had Comal Truck Gear in New Braunfels @treypal and Hudson with TRR/BRR do the work.

Did all the lights that were originally planned but went with 4 LP6’s instead of 6.
f041688a98a06d7047325973e714ee62.jpg

Rear with GJ brake light and S1’s below the bumper

c7798b5df34f2cf20de3453bbe14b307.jpg

RPG bumper came out nicely with the Wagner IC

5e8af148154689d7e42998ba3d2f954d.jpg

Lights with the LVJ panel

a5680a3e9a1c4955c4e3f900ba10933d.jpg

Front suspension, ICON UCA, FMS slot deletes with Fox Live upgrades

a620ce9434c7cfcf05be78c5343ffb3a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Yep. Button allows me to flip on or off all the front facing lights with the factory hi-beams. The amber backlights in the LP6’s are tied into the running lights

1.) So how did you exactly tie into the high beams since so many folks want to do this, however, everything I've read stated it would cause issues.

Please see this thread below:

Alternative-High-Beam-Connection

2.) Did you have to get or do you have a ham operators license, I'd love to get one but don't want to agree to government warrantless searches to get a ham operators license.

Very nice upgrades by the way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

1.) So how did you exactly tie into the high beams since so many folks want to do this, however, everything I've read stated it would cause issues.

2.) Did you have to get or do you have a ham operators license, I'd love to get one but don't want to agree to government warrantless searches to get a ham operators license.

Very nice upgrades by the way.

Upgrades are all purpose built. No ******** mods like bigger wheels, carbon fiber, etc..
Info on the hi-beam panel

If the government wants to come after me for a radio that will mainly used off-road, they can come and get me.

Last edited by a moderator: