RCV axles ---- BIG PROBLEM ----

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much of a bullet proof if pics above show their flaws .. Maybe they do build the strongest axles, but the ones above are far from it..

Lets see their latest Gen axles

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Normally their cv axles are bullet proof, backed by lifetime no questions asked warranty.. That is what surprises me that they are having such issues with Raptors.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RCV does make the strongest components for CV's on the market. We having been using them for years without an issue. The issues that people are experiencing may be something as simple as a bad batch of rubber. No one really knows though. We are on it and we will find a resolution for this growing concern.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im glad i heard about all these problems with the 1st gen axles i almost pulled the trigger last week on a set looks like ill be waiting for the gen 3's to come out or until they fix or find out what happened to this batch they put out! thanks for the info jason im interested to see what you guys find!

Lug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to purchase these last night until i seen this post . How do i know for sure what Gen i am getting if i purchase these today?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was about to purchase these last night until i seen this post . How do i know for sure what Gen i am getting if i purchase these today?

Like joe said call and ask before purchasing! Or do like I'm Doing and wait a month or two then call and ask if they've been fixed!

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a set and installed drivers side axle and I was checking for all range of movement. I found that with the lower control arm at full droop, the axle would bind up and not allow any rotation. As soon as I jacked up the lower control arm about an inch up then it would spin again. I measured the cv angles and I had 31 degrees at inner joint but the rcv axle would only go to 28 degrees as per rcv. I pulled it back off and returned them with no problems. I'm running the 3.0 fox front shocks and they allow for more droop than factory. As far as the grease, I never drove mine with them installed. I'm running 600hp through factory axles and haven't broke one yet.

OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just broke my 2nd CV axle boots on top perch on a ******* highway !!!!!! Was driving 250km distance and saw smoke coming out... Moments later grinding noise from beneath , knew it was the axle LH (driver side)

This happened to me twice in less than a month now :(

Im serioulsy upset running on top perch .. I dont know what to do , i have deaver +3 and rear end is really high , i cant go back to low perch , im so frustrated about the stupid axles , i feel its the weakest link in the car and its not made out of good quality

Tried RCV and all the bad luck followed ..

Any suggestions ?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were you in 4-wheel drive on the highway?

Just broke my 2nd CV axle boots on top perch on a ******* highway !!!!!! Was driving 250km distance and saw smoke coming out... Moments later grinding noise from beneath , knew it was the axle LH (driver side)

This happened to me twice in less than a month now :(

Im serioulsy upset running on top perch .. I dont know what to do , i have deaver +3 and rear end is really high , i cant go back to low perch , im so frustrated about the stupid axles , i feel its the weakest link in the car and its not made out of good quality

Tried RCV and all the bad luck followed ..

Any suggestions ?