RCV axles ---- BIG PROBLEM ----

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After ordering $8k mods from SDHQ , all which were intended for top perch (deavers+3, rcv axles, HEIM ties, icon arms..etc), the RCV was my bad luck , although SDHQ was quick to help out by sending another set which was in UAE , the problem still existed (grease splaters as soon as you engage 4WD) and im unable to understand ...
To put things bad to worst, first set did not have bands on them , so with help from SDHQ pushing RCV to find a solution , RCV sent me bands which (as per their statement) should fix the problem. Then i have installed the bands and spent too much money because of these RCVs (had to change bearings, actuators..etc). Also, there was an issue with the passenger axle teeth for which a long rod should go into them smoothly but it did not fit , had to send them to CNC machine to deepen teeth and then the rod smoothly got attached. Please note i did this at the dealer as they highly recommended that axle should have this free movement similar to stock passenger axle.

Today thank god to this forum , i found out that RCV had an issue with their first gen axles (both sets i have were first gen i believe) i reported the grease splattering to SDHQ today and i'm eagerly waiting for their response as they will need to contact RCV about this.

Just wanted to understand , i heard that some FRF members have had this issue .. Can you please share with me how you managed to solve this issue?

P.S i need to keep the top perch given my deavers +3 installed (gives me +1 inch higher at the back) , now the raptor will really look silly if i drop the nose to low perch to avoid the stupid splattering...

Looking forward for your replies , thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous set , as you can see , no bands on them... grease splattered

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second set driver side with bands on ...grease splattered

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second set passenger side with bands on...grease splattered

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who recently ordered RCV's for his Raptor and was told that RCV will no longer sell the first gen and to wait for the revised version. Not sure why SDHQ would still sell customers first gen knowing that they have problems with them, sounds like you went through a lot of trouble and expense for nothing because of it.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do what I did. Send them back and get your money back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367112005.405218.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367112005.405218.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367112029.791285.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1367112029.791285.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 130

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a friend who recently ordered RCV's for his Raptor and was told that RCV will no longer sell the first gen and to wait for the revised version. Not sure why SDHQ would still sell customers first gen knowing that they have problems with them, sounds like you went through a lot of trouble and expense for nothing because of it.

We aren't continuing to sell the Gen 1 axles, these axles were sold about a year ago.

After ordering $8k mods from SDHQ , all which were intended for top perch (deavers+3, rcv axles, HEIM ties, icon arms..etc), the RCV was my bad luck , although SDHQ was quick to help out by sending another set which was in UAE , the problem still existed (grease splaters as soon as you engage 4WD) and im unable to understand ...
To put things bad to worst, first set did not have bands on them , so with help from SDHQ pushing RCV to find a solution , RCV sent me bands which (as per their statement) should fix the problem. Then i have installed the bands and spent too much money because of these RCVs (had to change bearings, actuators..etc). Also, there was an issue with the passenger axle teeth for which a long rod should go into them smoothly but it did not fit , had to send them to CNC machine to deepen teeth and then the rod smoothly got attached. Please note i did this at the dealer as they highly recommended that axle should have this free movement similar to stock passenger axle.

Today thank god to this forum , i found out that RCV had an issue with their first gen axles (both sets i have were first gen i believe) i reported the grease splattering to SDHQ today and i'm eagerly waiting for their response as they will need to contact RCV about this.

Just wanted to understand , i heard that some FRF members have had this issue .. Can you please share with me how you managed to solve this issue?

P.S i need to keep the top perch given my deavers +3 installed (gives me +1 inch higher at the back) , now the raptor will really look silly if i drop the nose to low perch to avoid the stupid splattering...

Looking forward for your replies , thanks

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the RCV axles. Ryan is working on getting you a new set of axles sent out to you.

OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan supported me throughout my troubles with RCV , it really gives me comfort when im dealing with someone who understands my issues and he was quick about it..

Please send my kind regards to him and to SDHQ team.

Is RCV going to send me 3rd Gen ? I can wait for them if it wont take too long

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what the reasoning behind installing the RCV shafts?

The are probably the best cv axles you can buy.. They are damn near bulletproof, and allow for greater articulation without splitting cv boots.. Now, that has been my experience with them in the past, and hopefully they will resolve their issues and I will use them again.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)