Rattles...what’s your tolerance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, we drive a Ford Truck, if you want a Benz then get a G wagon.

If you are worried about rattles in an F150 then you will be chasing them for the rest of your life.

Oh and I have owned, 3 F150s in the past 6 years and my family has owned dozen or so of them. I believe they are the best trucks but they are after all a Ford and not a premium brand. Which is all I was saying.
You’re an idiot. I have to drive a g wagon to have a rattle free car? Beat it.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few notable differences, including the upper instrument panel, center console, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), and Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM/center stack). Do you have stitched/padded leather on your door armrests?
I’m familiar with the differences you noted, my armrest is not stitched leather.

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few notable differences, including the upper instrument panel, center console, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), and Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM/center stack). Do you have stitched/padded leather on your door armrests?
What’s different about the center console other than the material on the shifter?

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yeah. My reason was asking was if the panel itself on the doors was different (the plastic panel on mine) wasn’t sure if that or the main shell of the center console was different.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re an idiot. I have to drive a g wagon to have a rattle free car? Beat it.

Your the one on here with 7 pages of FAIL, complaining about rattles. What till you hit 20 thousand miles and if you do any off road driving at all then the springs will creak.

Give me a break....

OP
OP
Socalbeachbum

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you read the thread? Half of it is two dudes arguing, not me. This is my 7th Ford. Go sling your bad attitude somewhere else clown.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for hijacking my thread, Matt.

Sorry bud. Made a comment responding to your OP and immediately got called out about my opinion. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread, as I have some rattles and it's always to see if other people have them in the same areas.

My 2017 XLT had an interior close to the 800a and the 2018 Lariat had one close to the 802a. My Raptor is an 802a. From my experience, the leather-wrapped dash, console, and door panels rattle less than the non-leather wrapped (dash/console specifically). The plastic dash also had a tendency to warp behind the defrosters...I had my dash replaced in the XLT due to this, and it rattled worse afterwards.

Overall, I've noticed that the more I mess with things (take door panels off, change speakers, etc) while searching for a rattle, I make it worse or create new rattles. I poke a hole through a sliver of silicone tape and put that between the screw and the clips, and that seems to help in some areas. Other areas do well with 3/8 " adhesive foam insulating tape, and wires can be silenced with the cloth wire loop tape. Another thing that squeaks in these trucks is the rubber trim around the door and sunroof. I used Nextzett Gummi Pfledge Stift (yes, that's how you spell it) for the doors and Krytox for the sunroof. The Krytox will also help prevent future sunroof damage from opening/closing, and is apparently made of liquid gold considering the price.