Raptors are shipping!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shows on my dealer locator as "plant". So no it is not in transit. I didn't look at the options but it probably has a spray liner. So if it came up as "transit" at some point it was out getting the bedliner done.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I'm wondering if they have fixed the issues that required upfit work so the trucks coming off the line now are ok. If that's the case will they be holding the later builds until the early builds get fixed and start shipping? I know that would be more fair to the early order/early build customers but man I can't imagine them holding all of those trucks up waiting for the first run trucks to get their "upfits" and be ready to ship.

They need to be paying OT to get those damn early trucks fixed. Anything less is ********.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shows on my dealer locator as "plant". So no it is not in transit. I didn't look at the options but it probably has a spray liner. So if it came up as "transit" at some point it was out getting the bedliner done.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I'm wondering if they have fixed the issues that required upfit work so the trucks coming off the line now are ok. If that's the case will they be holding the later builds until the early builds get fixed and start shipping? I know that would be more fair to the early order/early build customers but man I can't imagine them holding all of those trucks up waiting for the first run trucks to get their "upfits" and be ready to ship.

No spray in liner. No stickers. But thanks for checking.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer. My truck just got moved into storage:( My store GM talked to the Ford rep asking why it was just now moved into storage when it was built Oct 13. The rep said because just now it's ready for final inspection after the modifications and storage is where they do it.... Of course there was no disclosure to me what the modifications were. My GM said it was just standard stuff....

The rep is hoping the first wave of shipments will hit customers before the 1st of the year, but cant guarantee anything. He did say my truck should be in the 1st wave, but i don't know how much stock I can take in that.

Makes you wonder how far they are backed up if it took my truck 7 weeks to be ready for final inspection when it was built in mid October.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Yeah, I can only say what the general sales manager told me. Who knows if it's accurate. I do know that this dealership seems to have some in with Ford. They're not particularly large, not even the biggest in town - yet they got 17 allocations he said, which is up from the 7 my salesman told me they had originally, back in August. Seems like a lot for just an average independent dealer in the southeast. The GM said something about them getting more because they were willing to take on some slow sellers as well. So maybe they're getting priority on shipments?

They may have bought some through brokers or locator services. There are companies out there that will go to a dealer that's over stocked with inventory and put package deals together to help them move stuff. We've had multiple calls that had either Raptors or GT350's as the bait to take a group of other units that don't move well.

My Ford rep has told me every time I've asked her that no additional Raptor allocation has been available.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that the earlier builds would have priority over new, but it probably depends on how fast the retrofits are going and how those mesh with where the transports/trains are headed.

They may have bought some through brokers or locator services. There are companies out there that will go to a dealer that's over stocked with inventory and put package deals together to help them move stuff. We've had multiple calls that had either Raptors or GT350's as the bait to take a group of other units that don't move well.

Makes sense.

Last edited:
OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No spray in liner. No stickers. But thanks for checking.

Interesting. Did he mention if they were stock or retail orders? The retail orders are not showing on the locator. In factor we can do a search using the vin number and the retail order trucks don't show up that way either.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I would think that the earlier builds would have priority over new, but it probably depends on how fast the retrofits are going and how those mesh with where the transports/trains are headed.

In fairness to the customers that ordered early I would agree but it's hard to imagine they would hold up all of the units that are ok and ready to ship until they upfit the others. That would seem to create a huge back log. Not that they haven't already

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Did he mention if they were stock or retail orders? The retail orders are not showing on the locator. In factor we can do a search using the vin number and the retail order trucks don't show up that way either.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

In fairness to the customers that ordered early I would agree but it's hard to imagine they would hold up all of the units that are ok and ready to ship until they upfit the others. That would seem to create a huge back log. Not that they haven't already

Just a random internet truck. It's not my order. Just saw it showed in transit and wanted to see if it actually was or if the dealer is "confused"

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

[/COLOR]

I'm wondering if they have fixed the issues that required upfit work so the trucks coming off the line now are ok. If that's the case will they be holding the later builds until the early builds get fixed and start shipping? I know that would be more fair to the early order/early build customers but man I can't imagine them holding all of those trucks up waiting for the first run trucks to get their "upfits" and be ready to ship.[/QUOTE]

It seems that the early builds are already getting fixed. That's possibly why my truck was at upfitter for 3 weeks. There might be a large size of early build already done that will ship in front of the new builds....I hope!

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, as much as they would probably like to be fair, once they decide to ship, I would think they would start shipping whatever is ready to go whether it was an early order, or something just built. It is year end, sales have been slow for Ford, and they are running a business where sitting on inventory where each truck is roughly $60K is very expensive.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current status:

It shows as of yesterday that the plant had received shipping/logistics information for my order, but it has not shipped yet.

Ford Performance Chat today said: Last update was on Dec. 1st, and its on Ramp 59... :(

He also said "ETA's are auto-generated by the system, until they expire. Generally, they re-set once they are on a transporter of some sort."

And another 3-4 weeks once its shipped.