Raptor won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm an SCT all the way fan! Great you got things up and running! I wonder if EVERYONE'S warranty will be voided even if the SCT X3 worked flawlessly?!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is great to read. I would love too have a detailed procedure for your experience. From start, should I say non start, to finish

Great way to start a weekend!

Fred:waytogo:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought there was a way on the x3 or disk to download stock tune to your computer. I think I will play with this tonight to figure it out..

-Greg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not get anything but the tuner from 5star. A back up of my stock separate from the tuner would be only prudent.

How do we move the tune from the x3 to another source for backup?

CruzinFX4

Reaction score
Any chance to do this with just the iTSX? I'm dealing with a paper weight in the driveway as we speak.

cobradoc

Reaction score
I am very leary of sending tunes wirelessly. Too much margin for error and corruption. Probably the biggest thing I see causing problems is battery voltage. You should really have a battery charger on the vehicle while programming. Fords IDS has a caution the screen to this fact when you start the program. I don't recall if you can copy a tune off of the SFIII or not.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can backup you stock tune to the PC / laptop. I believe it's recommended in the instructions that come with the XCal 3 and any SCT product.

It saved my ass once already..

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can backup you stock tune to the PC / laptop. I believe it's recommended in the instructions that come with the XCal 3 and any SCT product.

It saved my ass once already..

Being lazy, do you remember how you did the backup...I know it has a USB cable and port...