Raptor won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bcools

bcools

Reaction score
Spoke with SCT a little while ago and they seem to think they can get it running again...especially since I ordered that x3, but should be able to get things going again using the iTSX. I am waiting on them to rebuild my stock tune and send it back to me. Hopefully after a relearn of the system and the stock tune, I should be ok with the warranty? Not like it matters. If something breaks....Ill probably upgrade it. lol Its just nice to have for all the small things that seem to cost more and more by the year!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoke with SCT a little while ago and they seem to think they can get it running again...especially since I ordered that x3, but should be able to get things going again using the iTSX. I am waiting on them to rebuild my stock tune and send it back to me. Hopefully after a relearn of the system and the stock tune, I should be ok with the warranty? Not like it matters. If something breaks....Ill probably upgrade it. lol Its just nice to have for all the small things that seem to cost more and more by the year!

sounds like some hope! I had to replace the PCM in the Excursion. Granted it was over 80K on it, but it only cost about $2K to replace. I did pucker next time i reflashed my new PCM!

OP
OP
bcools

bcools

Reaction score
Fred, I hope it doesn't come to that. I have another car so I can drive it until it gets figured out either way though...just praying I can get it running sooner than later!!

comagt, I pulled the ground off the battery and left it off for an hour and this did not seem to fix it. Also left some accessories plugged in to drain the little power left.

Quick question to all while your keeping up to date with this, do the 12 volt plugs in yalls(yes I'm southern) raptor stay active when the car is off and key is out of the ignition? Im guessing this is a ford f-150 thing? No biggie either way, just curious as this is the first f-150 I have ever owned and my radar detector stays on all the time.

SCT is suppose to get back to me today with a stock tune mapped to my vin so hopefully this will resolve the issue. Thanks to all following!! Anyone in the nashville, tn area?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Quick question to all while your keeping up to date with this, do the 12 volt plugs in yalls(yes I'm southern) raptor stay active when the car is off and key is out of the ignition? Im guessing this is a ford f-150 thing? No biggie either way, just curious as this is the first f-150 I have ever owned and my radar detector stays on all the time.

All my Ford cars have always had power to the 12V when the car is off

OP
OP
bcools

bcools

Reaction score
bstoner59, thanks good to know. Ive only owned 2 so far. This mustang(haven't played around with much yet), and this raptor.

Well no more word from SCT today. Will post tomorrow if I get the stock recovery tune emailed to me.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bstoner59, thanks good to know. Ive only owned 2 so far. This mustang(haven't played around with much yet), and this raptor.

Well no more word from SCT today. Will post tomorrow if I get the stock recovery tune emailed to me.

One would think with the possibility of such a castrophic failure, we could come up with a rescue plan, that could prevent some of the "no start" problems.

I wonder if the stock tune could be transferred from the unit to a back file and emailed to the owners computer. Just thinking.....

Keep us posted....

Yogurt Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of having a stock backup on your computer so you always have for desperate situations as this...

Good luck on getting it going

Keep us informed

OP
OP
bcools

bcools

Reaction score
Got her running finally. Had to use the x3 and the guys at SCT got me the stock file. Worked like a charm. The only problem I really see now with the iTSX after everything is said and done is the fact that it waits to get acknowledgement from the car to start the ecu retune. The x3 however allows you to almost force the tune through even if the ecu has nothing on it. So once I got the stock file for the x3 all was good.