Raptor won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being lazy, do you remember how you did the backup...I know it has a USB cable and port...

I don't have the SCT software in front of me, but I believe there is a button on the first screen that says something like "Get stock file" or "Download Stock file". Click it and it gives you the normal windows option on where you would like to save the file. I just dropped it on my Desktop, copied it to a thumb drive, and left the other copy in my docs on the PC. :cheers:

OP
OP
bcools

bcools

Reaction score
RatedSVT...I did end up changing it to another tune after getting it up and running, everything ran great all summer but took it to the ford dealership to get standard maintenance done and they flashed it back to the real stock tune. I have been running that tune since.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have the SCT software in front of me, but I believe there is a button on the first screen that says something like "Get stock file" or "Download Stock file". Click it and it gives you the normal windows option on where you would like to save the file. I just dropped it on my Desktop, copied it to a thumb drive, and left the other copy in my docs on the PC. :cheers:
Thanks bud, I will try it and see what happens...

Thanks, Fred

Big Bud

Reaction score
When Raptor stalls or won't star

Hello, I own a 2013 Roush Raptor. This year, 2015, Periodically, the truck either won't start or stalls out while driving it. It was taken to the dealership several times. They could not find anything wrong. The truck started every time for them. They thought maybe the key code was telling the truck it was being stolen. This would prevent the truck from starting. They recoded the keys. Once again, back home, the truck would not start. I searched the internet and found a Ford supported site. A poster stated he was having this problem He said to check fuse #27. He replace fuse #27 and the problem was solved. I checked fuse #27. It was melted. I replaced fuse #27. Truck will not start. I pulled fuse # 27 and looked into the fuse space. It too was melted. There was no way to make a connection. Truck is currently at the dealership to be repaired. WHY did the fuse melt? Could this problem have cause a fire? The truck has 42,000 miles on it. It is 2 years, 3 months old. I will update this blog once the truck is repaired. The truck is wonderful. I am looking forward to it's return home.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Truck is currently at the dealership to be repaired...

Welcome to the forum, Big Bud; I'm sure your truck is in good hands at your dealership. Let's alert your regional customer service manager. They'll work with your dealership to ensure you're back on the road as quickly as possible. To make that happen, send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll do the rest. :)

Crystal

Big Bud

Reaction score
The dealership rerouted fuse 27 to an empty fuse space. The dealership told me there was a "technical bulletin" issued about the problem with fuse 27 in relationship to the truck not starting and also stalling out. I asked them when the TB was issued. They said there was no way to establish the date of the bulletin. I asked them if they had received the bulletin between the times I had, had the truck towed to the dealership, why they did not contact me. I told them they knew I was having a serious no start issue as well as the truck loosing power and stalling out while driving it. They did not answer me. I then asked them if they received the TB the day I had the truck towed to their dealership and maybe that was why they did not contact me about it. Once again, no answer. They called me on the 15th of Sept. telling me my truck was done and I could come pick it up. I responded by telling them I was not going to pick it up. I had already used several long distance AAA tows getting my truck to the dealership. I never asked them to pick up the truck to fix it, but maybe I should have. I told them they should deliver my truck to my home. I told them I posted my story in a Ford supported forum and that Ford contacted me through the forum. I also spoke to someone from Ford using the phone number they posted on the forum site. The dealership said they would call me back. Being that Ford contacted them via phone and email about my truck and it's problems and that a file had been created with a case number, the dealership called me back and said my truck would be delivered to my home on Sept. 16th. I am not sure the problem was correctly repaired or not. I am looking into it. FYI, the dealership is Montrose Ford. I am not sure there ever was a technical bulletin, I called Montrose twice, telling them I found out about fuse 27 and the problems related to it on ford raptor forum....supported by Ford. I will keep you posted.