Raptor v RamRunner verdict....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Raptor has what, 12" travel, and ram has 14"?

There's LT kits for rangers that provide more, for not much $$ at all. For my exact truck theres Dixon bros, 14" travel I beleive, kit was ~$3,000 minus shocks.
That's barely a chip outta 20K

Swap in a 5.0. Boom.
Doesn't need 400+ HP as its a much lighter rig.

Now, just like the ram of course I wouldn't have all the goodies like Jill (hill , F U autocorrect) descent, Offroad mode, etc.

which is the point I'm trying to make. Anyone can take a truck and throw money at it to make It perform better than a raptor, but it still isn't better as a whole. Is what I'm saying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wheela

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^x2, just wish I had that Jill descent you speak of, sounds fun :laughing1:

OP
OP
Wheela

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont care what you blame it on, a Jill descent mode does sound like a good thing to have :mwah1:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So....who is going to contact these guys and tell them we would like to present a raptor with 15000 in mods to try the test again

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what Chad Ragland (offroad pro) who did the driving in the test had to say:

After the contest, Ragland had this to say about the trucks:

Mopar Ram Runner
"I was impressed with the Ram Runner's extreme off-road capability — we jumped, slammed into mounds, cut through deep sand, all of it — and it came through it all like a pro ... rarely getting into the bump stops or touching the skid plates.

"Those front shocks are impressive. During our first set of runs, I could feel myself tighten a bit as we headed toward the big rocks and ruts, but then the front end just sucked it all up. ... By the later runs I could feel our times getting faster because I knew those big springs and shocks had no problems."

But Chad points out the Ram Runner isn't perfect.

"There needs to be some kind of effective way to deal with the traction and engine controls when running wide open in the desert. Sure, we know not everyone is going to push it like we do, but if you make the hard parts, there's got to be a software piece there, too."

SVT Raptor
"I have to say on the fast gravel roads, this truck is balanced. The traction at speed is so smooth — considering how well the engine gets power to the wheels, it's stunning the wheels don't feel like they're fighting each other. Each tire and even the front and back seem to be working like one big traction team.

"It really felt faster going into and out of the loose cornering we had to do. The front end especially felt like it was really digging/pulling the truck well. And the braking system never got in the way of the throttle. I was really impressed with how responsive the throttle was and how well the transmission knew to hold or downshift to a better gear.

"Maybe I shouldn't say this knowing that the Ram Runner had the faster time, but if I had to pick one truck, the better overall performer, for both on- and off-road, I'd have to pick the Raptor."

Since no one has posted the video yet.....

Raptor vs. Ram Runner: Head to Head - YouTube

Rotpar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since they had a stage 2 Rum Runner, maybe they should have compared it to the Raptor R or XT.