Raptor v RamRunner verdict....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So....who is going to contact these guys and tell them we would like to present a raptor with 15000 in mods to try the test again

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
They can have mine... 5.4 and all...

JMann2380

Reaction score
I dunno, I didn't think the article was that bad if you read the whole thing and watched all the videos. The points they made were valid and they gave plenty of accolades to the Raptor. I'm ok with the Raptor not "winning" considering it is $20K less, has a warranty, electronics to support the hardware, awesome resale value, kickass interior, Sync, and I can buy it off the showroom floor. But it is still cool to see them comparing two KICKASS 400hp off road trucks rather than the Prius vs. the Volt! We should thank our lucky stars they make cool shit like this and the Ram Runner is good for Ford; keep them on their toes!

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only issue I have is how Dodge is skirting the whole R&D thing and claiming the Ram Runner as it's own when the tech belongs to vendors. They are blatantly rebranding products that have zero to do with MOPAR. just as dumb as the 'hemi' marketing... it's not a ******* hemi, and it's not a ******* competitor to the Raptor - it's some rednecks farm truck with a decent suspension.

wac45

Reaction score
I dunno, I didn't think the article was that bad if you read the whole thing and watched all the videos. The points they made were valid and they gave plenty of accolades to the Raptor. I'm ok with the Raptor not "winning" considering it is $20K less, has a warranty, electronics to support the hardware, awesome resale value, kickass interior, Sync, and I can buy it off the showroom floor. But it is still cool to see them comparing two KICKASS 400hp off road trucks rather than the Prius vs. the Volt! We should thank our lucky stars they make cool shit like this and the Ram Runner is good for Ford; keep them on their toes!

I agree with you. And it sure doesn't lower my opinion of my Raptor! Wouldn't trade my Raptor for any other truck out there, not even close.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All i can do is laugh, what a joke. I wonder if that 18g in aftermarket upgrades was part of the bail out money they recieved. When all is said and done if you took the stock raptor and invested a bunch of aftermarket parts, it would eat the ramrunner for breakfast lunch and dinner then shit it all out the next morning.

Banned
Reaction score
Really, what they should do is buy the high HP trucks. Ram1500 5.7 and f150 (non raptor) 6.2 spend the same amount on each in aftermarket, and then compare them.

Because the raptor just can be compared to anything. Nothin else out there on its level.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I pretty much agree with JMann.
The article pretty much admitted that the stock Raptor is one hell of a truck.
I just can't get too worked up with losing to the much-modded Ram. What would their stock Ram have accomplished?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
WTF! Why has nobody mentioned Jill Descent until now?

Surely 6.2 wasn't the only one to know about this...besides how did he know about it and not us?