Raptor v RamRunner verdict....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
There have been pics posted of one at a dealer in KS. Pretty sure it hasn't sold lol

OP
OP
Wheela

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went by there and didn't see it anymore.

same, i drove by it a few times and not seen it in a few weeks, maybe they actually sold it, poor bastard whoever it is lol

Lukeizzle21

Reaction score
I'm sure somebody has said this in the past 15 pages..
But a completely factory truck VS a truck with an insane amount of mods and a voided warranty.
Sore!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey this is pretty cool... it turns out a friend of mine grew up with and is still very good friends with Chad Ragland. In fact, Jonn worked and co-rode with his dad, Larry Ragland in many SCORE and HDRA races, on a factory Chevrolet off-road team. Its a small, small world.

I asked Jonn to hit Chad up for the inside and off the record scoop the next time they talk. He said he sure would, and that he already knew this event was pretty much a publicity stunt.

I'll pass on whatever he says!
Just a quick follow up to this. Jonn got back to me after spending time with Chad at Larry Ragland's BDay party. I thought this was kinda funny...

Howdy there Jason,

I hope all is going great in your and Joyce's neck of the woods.

I went to Larry Ragland's 70th birthday party, this last weekend, and chatted with Chad for a bit about his review on the Ram-Raptor challenge.

"I would rather drive the Raptor"

Yep, he said that he really liked the Raptor. It was due to the higher stance and stiff springs on the Ram, that it got through the big whoops without hitting the bumper, but otherwise the Raptor rocked. There were folks from Ram and Ford there and they kept picking fun at each other all day long. The sway bar fell off and I think he (Chad) said that something else broke on the Ram, so the Raptor guys had some good ammo to dig at the Ram guys, lol.

The party was great fun with a margarita machine, an ice sculpture with a groove for pouring chilled shots, catered Mexican food, and a five person band that played country to rock. There were a lot of folks I hadn't seen for a while and fun was had by all.

It's not 100% yet, but I may be wrenching with a Dakar Series truck team from France. It will be a 14 day race with one rest day that starts in Peru, goes into Chile, and ends in Argentine. I should be heading down the 1st or 2nd of January 2013. Oh boy!

Pretty cool!

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ram once.. for about 5 months then sold it.

So when I told my wife i was going to order a Raptor she said "I thought you had a truck and didn't like it"

My response: "baby that wasn't a truck, it was a mini van with out the extra seating room"

The Ram was the biggest pile of shit I've ever owned, and for the record I've never owned a ford so I'm not a fan boy.... yet that is.