Raptor v RamRunner verdict....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milhouse

Reaction score
Haha yea, it was their attempt at a baja truck. It's silly to see all these companies trying to do the same as a raptor, yet it's like they just don't give a shit and just Half ass it.

Exactly! I did some serious looking for a Raptor alternative before buying, thinking the competitors have had time to meet and possibly beat Ford's offering. Everything else just seems like a half hearted, waste of cash solution.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I think Toyota could come up with something really awesome if they truly wanted to. I saw a Hilux Diesel that had long travel suspension on it out here. It was seriously badass.

I think if Toyota were to do a long travel Tacoma it'd be a pretty sweet deal. One of those things where it wouldn't cost as much as a Raptor, so it'd appeal to a different market, but still sort of compete. Competition in any form is good for everyone because it's going to force companies to up their game.

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno man, their crappy attempt with the Tacoma they did do was something like $35k

Can't imagine they could keep it that cheap with true long travel and stuff.

They couldn't do it with the tundra, that things just junk.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
6.2, you're probably right. Thing is, nobody is going to buy a Taco that costs as much as a Raptor unless it's above and beyond the Rap in terms of performance, and I just can't see Toyota launching something that's that capable as a production truck. So they'd have to keep the price down to sell it. That's just my take though.