Raptor right for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m considering buying a new full size truck, and the new Raptor SCAB looks perfect to me. I really like the shorter wheelbase and overall length, and honestly wish Ford offered that setup in a Lariat. My kids are grown, and I don’t need the extra rear seating space.

I once sat in a Raptor that was unlocked in the used car section of our Ford dealer on a Sunday when they were closed, and it had the most comfortable seats I have ever tried in a car.

I’m 51 years old and will actually be using the truck for a daily driver and road trips, so comfortable seats and a smooth ride on the road are very important to me. My back isn’t in the best shape, and I’m kind of wondering how the 2017 Raptor’s seats and ride quality on the road compare to the first generation Raptors. I generally take two scuba diving road trips a year from Nashville to the Florida Keys and don’t want to regret the purchase.

F150's are very nice trucks, but if I didn't go the Raptor route, I know I would have regretted it the first time I saw one. If there was a larger price premium to own one, I would be able to stomach it, but since the Raptor is reasonably priced in comparison to what you would spend for another truck, I couldn't imagine doing anything else. Mine is supposed to arrive this week and the wait is killing me.