GEN 2 Raptor, RAM, Colorado comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More ridiculous ******** from the "mainstream" automotive media, which appears is striving to be just as discredited as the regular media. Most of the enthusiast journalists have been replaced by yuppies pretending to be car reviewers (looking at you Jalopnik). You can watch the portion of the video that shows the trucks going over some mild jumps to see which truck is the class of the field. The Colorado and Ram bounce all over the place while the Raptor just floats over. Their "test" is akin to taking the trucks on the highway with some potholes and calling the Raptor a failure.

No serious person can say that the Power Wagon, which is quite literally a Ram 2500 with some graphics, is better than the Raptor.

17Jake

REBEL 12 HK
Reaction score
BIGGEST problem with Raptor is its failure to perform the 1 job we brought it for: going fast off-road. On loose-packed gravel & mud/dirt trails it's out of its element.
On the off-road sections, Raptor's rear end kept moving dramatically from side to side on the dry gravel, but things got even worse when the rain started coming down and the road deteriorated. At speed off-road, the rear end was never settled, never confident.

accurate summation :waytogo:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the Gen II's came out there where a lot of complaints about the skittery rear end...when this article was written..
The first simple fix?...a very high percentage of the Raptors from the factory/dealer had the tire pressure WAY too high...

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This “review” is from 2017. I believe that neither the “reviewers” nor Ford checked the tire pressure, which was too high. Had the pressure been lowered, the results might have been different on the gravel roads.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This “review” is from 2017. I believe that neither the “reviewers” nor Ford checked the tire pressure, which was too high. Had the pressure been lowered, the results might have been different on the gravel roads.

Too late, I already placed my order for the "Raptor killer" Dodge Power Wagon :drunk:

What a joke.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FCA Powerwagon Co. bought my 14 and 16 Ram limited back with less than 20k miles on both. My 14 was the biggest POS ever built. I had 2 full file folders full of repairs and my 16 limited had the tranny, driveshaft and t-case replaced with only 15k miles. Never again FCA.

Just like F'N Jeeps are "Trailrated". What a joke, there not even street rated to the grocery store. My wife's Grand Cherokee left her stranded 3 times. Absolute junk.

Last edited: