10R80 issues - P0C29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc85fiero

Reaction score
All of those shifts you have listed require apply or unapply of C, D, and F clutches. There is a TSB (the newest one is 24-2101) to address a CDF clutch drum that has a bushing that can slide creating a leak/crossleak in any of those clutches. The new design has a lip that doesn't allow the bushing to slide.

The TSB and/or the CDF drum won't affect the P0C29 however, the DTC indicates the transmission fluid auxiliary pump communication is OK, the frequency is between 125 Hz and 175 Hz, but both the current and the pump speed are out of range (75% to 80% duty cycle)

Long story short, if you have start/stop eliminated and its not giving you any other symptoms I would ignore that DTC for now and address the shifting concern.

-Joe

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
All of those shifts you have listed require apply or unapply of C, D, and F clutches. There is a TSB (the newest one is 24-2101) to address a CDF clutch drum that has a bushing that can slide creating a leak/crossleak in any of those clutches. The new design has a lip that doesn't allow the bushing to slide.

The TSB and/or the CDF drum won't affect the P0C29 however, the DTC indicates the transmission fluid auxiliary pump communication is OK, the frequency is between 125 Hz and 175 Hz, but both the current and the pump speed are out of range (75% to 80% duty cycle)

Long story short, if you have start/stop eliminated and its not giving you any other symptoms I would ignore that DTC for now and address the shifting concern.

-Joe
Thanks Joe. I’m aware of CDF issues. I think I’m just in denial. these are not valve body symptoms?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changed the pan/filter and refilled at 78k. Fluid was black. Changed it again at about 81k because obviously I didn’t get everything out just by draining and filling. This improved the shifting a lot, but still not perfect and now having new, different issues. Using Valvoline ULV. @FordTechOne says don’t flush the trans.
Start by checking the fluid level. It’s very easy to under or overfill these transmissions, and you’ll end up with the symptoms of erratic shifting and engagement as well as overheating.

The transmission fluid needs to be 206-215 degrees F as verified by the gauge or a scan too before taking a reading. If it’s at average operating temp (175-195) it will read low, resulting in overfilling and aerated fluid.

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
Start by checking the fluid level. It’s very easy to under or overfill these transmissions, and you’ll end up with the symptoms of erratic shifting and engagement as well as overheating.

The transmission fluid needs to be 206-215 degrees F as verified by the gauge or a scan too before taking a reading. If it’s at average operating temp (175-195) it will read low, resulting in overfilling and aerated fluid.
Thanks @FordTechOne , I literally just finished another (third and final) drain and fill, in attempt to remove the 80k mile fluid thats been in there. Fluid was dead nuts in the center of the B zone, at 207F verified by Cobb AP. Going to reset learning, try the drive cycle, and report back. I know I'm just delaying calling the dealer to drop it off for surgery :(

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
Attempted to do the drive cycle. After clearing adaptive learning, wouldn’t shift into 2nd, went into 7th and back to 1st, code P076F, 7th gear ratio mismatch. Guess it’s time to call the dealer.

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
Dealer is recommending new trans, I believe they pulled the pan and valve body per TSB and it didn’t fix it, which I was 95% sure would be the case. Just waiting to hear from warranty company and he said he will fight them. Does anyone know if we get a new OEM trans if the CDF part has been updated? Is the valve body also a failure point or just gets debris from other failures? Thanks to @FordTechOne @sc85fiero @smurfslayer for your input.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer is recommending new trans, I believe they pulled the pan and valve body per TSB and it didn’t fix it, which I was 95% sure would be the case. Just waiting to hear from warranty company and he said he will fight them. Does anyone know if we get a new OEM trans if the CDF part has been updated? Is the valve body also a failure point or just gets debris from other failures? Thanks to @FordTechOne @sc85fiero @smurfslayer for your input.
New/reman OEM transmission includes all current production parts. So yes, all updates.