Raptor R - Will you be buying this beast.

Raptor R in 2022, are you in?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 122 60.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, I'm not going to buy a Gen 3 until I have all of the info on the R. I'm happy with my Gen 2 at the moment. If its stupid expensive with ADMs, I'll pass. I wont pay ADM, period. If a standard Gen 3 is going to run me $75K and a R is going to be $85K, well I could be convinced. If the R is going to go for 100K + ADM, It's a no for me dog. I'll get the V6. Also by waiting to see what the R is all about, it pushes me to the second model year of the standard Gen 3. Hopefully easier to get an allocation at MSRP or even a little less, and any issues/bugs will get worked out...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean, I'm not going to buy a Gen 3 until I have all of the info on the R. I'm happy with my Gen 2 at the moment. If its stupid expensive with ADMs, I'll pass. I wont pay ADM, period. If a standard Gen 3 is going to run me $75K and a R is going to be $85K, well I could be convinced. If the R is going to go for 100K + ADM, It's a no for me dog. I'll get the V6. Also by waiting to see what the R is all about, it pushes me to the second model year of the standard Gen 3. Hopefully easier to get an allocation at MSRP or even a little less, and any issues/bugs will get worked out...

Never, ever, never ever EVER buy a first (& really even second) model year of a brand new designed vehicle....& I think that rings especially true when we’re talking bout a speciality niche performance vehicle

all set w/ being fords free guinea pigs for real world R&D (actually we pay them for that luxury...insane when ya think bout it lol)

there will be the equivalent of plastic oil pans & non-live valve shocks etc.

Totally agree on better to wait

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will buy one if they give it a Limited style interior. I don’t like that my loaded 2020 802A raptor is basically equivalent to a Lariat.

I mean....they need to offset the beefier frame, forged wheels, strongest engine, unique exterior sheet metal, shocks, transfer case, etc etc somehow right?

not a big luxury guy myself though so it doesn’t bother me- I get sh*t on for not wanting/liking push button start lol!

do lariat Raptors have a 360 camera tho? Or all the different modes? Also the seats- 801 or 802 or Recaro- are all superior to any other F150 trim, steering wheel is also far superior in the Raptor compared to other trims.

you wanna raptor that has TRX trim basically? I think Ford will deliver @ the top price point

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Never, ever, never ever EVER buy a first (& really even second) model year of a brand new designed vehicle....& I think that rings especially true when we’re talking bout a speciality niche performance vehicle

all set w/ being fords free guinea pigs for real world R&D (actually we pay them for that luxury...insane when ya think bout it lol)

there will be the equivalent of plastic oil pans & non-live valve shocks etc.

Totally agree on better to wait
If nobody buys the first year model...how will they make a 2nd year model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the first year Raptor, what's the big deal? Are they still making the R version? I bet Ford pass's on it, just like they did before.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hyperbole meets literal thinking. Too funny. What he's saying is that if you do, it will cost you extra money, downtime, and trouble. Plenty of people got to have the latest, greatest, bestest, most expensive new toy on the block. Let them be the beta testers unless you're one of them, in which case you're not listening to @Badgertits anyway.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

people can’t help themselves...are you really trying to pay devils advocate here lol? I wouldn’t recommend buying the 1st or 2nd model year of a new design...& I certainly wouldn’t recommend doing that AND paying ADM lol.....but people will do it!!!!

just don’t be one of those people & you’ll be better off for it from a financial/reliability/headache standpoint imho

of course - the vast majority of these new trucks will most likely be trouble free, but the chances of having issues much more likely in the first year or 2

Another good reason to wait it out a year or 2 especially on a niche vehicle like the Raptor is to give some time for the aftermarket to step up - see what owners reviews are on the various mods etc vs just jumping on whatever’s available etc

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There will likely be some minor changes in model years as well. We saw that in Gen 2 with changes to the audio system, interior accent lighting, live shocks, colors, pricing, etc. Most of those changes are improvements, but some perhaps not. If I had to guess, year 2 of the Gen 3 will only be changes in package options, since they will be busy with getting the R out rather than tweaking the standard Raptor.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
people can’t help themselves...are you really trying to pay devils advocate here lol? I wouldn’t recommend buying the 1st or 2nd model year of a new design...& I certainly wouldn’t recommend doing that AND paying ADM lol.....but people will do it!!!!

just don’t be one of those people & you’ll be better off for it from a financial/reliability/headache standpoint imho

of course - the vast majority of these new trucks will most likely be trouble free, but the chances of having issues much more likely in the first year or 2

Another good reason to wait it out a year or 2 especially on a niche vehicle like the Raptor is to give some time for the aftermarket to step up - see what owners reviews are on the various mods etc vs just jumping on whatever’s available etc
Your theory is sound and viable, but I and many others who bought a 2010 raptor got lucky I guess or Ford (SVT) overbuilt the first year, because it has been a champ. Paying over retail is a definite no no, never understood why people will pay an extra $20k in California when you could fly for under a grand and pick one up just about anywhere else in the USA.