Raptor R - Will you be buying this beast.

Raptor R in 2022, are you in?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 122 60.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's why you are wrong. As the RAM TRX owners are finding out, the nose is heavy and starts bashing the ground over whoops. All that great V8 sound and fury, and they can't keep up with me over whoops. It's actually funny. I LOVE the EcoBoost twin-turbo V6! The nose of my truck is light, and my springs are softer than the Dad Raptor's springs. And I can slaughter a Gen 1 Raptor. I take the lead at the beginning, increase my lead every minute, and never look back. Finally, it is the motor that propelled the Ford GT to a win in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It's first race!

I would not get a V8 Raptor, even if Gen 3 came with a SuperCab. I evaluate everything by actually taking my Real Raptor off road.

People stuck on V8's need to shed their prejudices. My truck will leave a Gen 2 Dad Raptor for double indemnity dead because the springs are softer and the shocks are set up differently.

Example 2, a Real Raptor in Pike National Forest, two miles from my Colorado place.
View attachment 162855

C0F25AD7-2091-4B4D-A28E-A97F89BAA11C.gif

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have zero interest in this truck. As far as I'm concerned, Ford killed the Raptor, because a Real Raptor is a two-door SuperCab, not four-door SuperCrew.

if you're thinking that the Raptor would still be produced if was only made as a Supercab, I don't think that's accurate. The reality is the vast majority of truck buyers prefer crew cabs, regardless of how the truck is used. If Ford only made a supercab option, there likely would not be a Gen 3 Raptor at all. Call it a real or fantasy, it is what it is.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Gen 1 goes down as one of the best trucks I've ever owned. When the miles were high enough (over 100K miles), I replaced it with a Gen 2. That truck seemed better in every way, but it never made me feel the same as my Gen 1 did. At 32K miles, the cam phasers were making so much noise it sounded like a sewing machine on cold startup. That was enough to get me out of it. It was replaced with a Ram Limited that now has over 40K miles. I am replacing it with one of the "Pigs". I
have a Launch Edition TRX on order at MSRP. People buy vehicles for many different reasons. I'm searching for the truck that makes me look back at it every single time I walk away from it like my Gen 1 did. And given the fact that my Redeye Challenger makes me laugh like a school kid every time I drive it, I am pretty positive the TRX will meet my particular need. If the Raptor R was coming out today, it would make for a tough contest. If it were available today, and I had to choose, it would come down to the interior. No other vehicle I've ever owned, of which there have been many, has ever come close to my current Ram Limited. All US manufacturers need to step up their game in this arena to compete. And as nice as the new Ford interior looks, that blue/grey combo is not for me. Something about it clashes when I look at it. And before I get hated on as a mall crawler, I do use my trucks as trucks. They do not get pampered. And if you think I'm wasting money on Baja style trucks, that rarely go off road, you've never driven the roadways here in Metro Detroit. It's rougher than most off road, rutted trails, and the baja suspension helps make any drive tolerable. Competition is good folks. Everyone has their own individual needs and wants. Drive what you love, and love what you drive. I'm sure FORD will get me back one day.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well this turned into a motor oil discussion. Buy want you like, if a manufacturer stops making it, it’s because they’re not making money on it Or they can make more money driving resources elsewhere. Like the second frame on the Raptor will now be for the 37” inch option...