Raptor R - Will you be buying this beast.

Raptor R in 2022, are you in?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 80 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 122 60.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just want to remind everyone that Ford CHOSE not to make a Supercrew Raptor in 2010 because they - per their own press release - did not want to compromise on offroad capability.

Having driven both configurations on the Gen 2, the SCAB is significantly sportier on and offroad. That said, even Trey of TRR fame mentions the Supercrew end up being better for the Baja Raptor Runs due to the extra storage space.

We know why Ford cut the Supercab. To save money and drive up sales for the Raptor R.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's why you are wrong. As the RAM TRX owners are finding out, the nose is heavy and starts bashing the ground over whoops. All that great V8 sound and fury, and they can't keep up with me over whoops. It's actually funny. I LOVE the EcoBoost twin-turbo V6! The nose of my truck is light, and my springs are softer than the Dad Raptor's springs. And I can slaughter a Gen 1 Raptor. I take the lead at the beginning, increase my lead every minute, and never look back. Finally, it is the motor that propelled the Ford GT to a win in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It's first race!

I would not get a V8 Raptor, even if Gen 3 came with a SuperCab. I evaluate everything by actually taking my Real Raptor off road.

People stuck on V8's need to shed their prejudices. My truck will leave a Gen 2 Dad Raptor for double indemnity dead because the springs are softer and the shocks are set up differently.

Example 2, a Real Raptor in Pike National Forest, two miles from my Colorado place.
View attachment 162855

You sound like a super ****** that should go back to your Ram.

George Pepper

Reaction score
You sound like a super ****** that should go back to your Ram.
Thanks. I'm positive that your judgement never considered the possibility that I have put over 100K touring miles just on BMW motorcycles, and over 40K touring miles between three different Ferraris. I've had pickups from all the major manufacturers, because I'm not blindly "brand loyal". I buy whatever is coolest for me.
Just a little outing to see the Annular Eclipse in NM back in 2012.
IMG_1315.jpg

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was 100% sure I'd get one, but the fuel mileage is gonna be a deal breaker for me. If I was rich I'd have the R for DDing and the 3.5 for off road excursions. I just need and love extended range while off road.

get a prius then, you might be in the wrong truck already

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, we do. You guys weren't convincing enough when you said they were better and they didn't sell well. :)

Numbers speak, sadly. Like I said, I'm not surprised - disappointed, sure.

FORD said they were better. (Hardly seems like a decade ago!). Additionally, both Raptor Rs (the ones they sent through Baja 1000) were supercabs. Those of us who've driven both have experienced that they are better from a performance standpoint.

The fact is most Raptors are mall crawlers - of 6+ Raptors at work, only 2 see dirt. Thus, the Supercrew sells better. Even for those that do offroad, the extra interior space is a big [heh] enough factor that people opt for the SCREW anyway. There are many times I would appreciate having a SCREW, and I have more reasons than most to appreciate the SCABs benefits (it fits in my garage; a SCREW wouldn't). So I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free