Raptor is terrible!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you think Ford Raptor is the only “company/vehicle” to have bad eggs.

1) had a Chevy 2500HD and it had so many problems that I did what ever I could to sell it. 50k miles and you would have thought it had 500k.

2) had a 90k BMW X5 which was in the shop 64 days. BMW flew a master tech from Germany to diagnose the issues and what did he say. “I have never seen a BMW with this issue”. Yea BMW gave me a new truck with out even me asking. The truck was shipped back to SC for Long term training and diagnosis.

3)BMW HPFP issues. Not to mention modules failure. All resolved but it happened. Have fun merging onto a highway when everyone one is doing 70-80 with wall to wall cars and your car just stops accelerating and goes into Lino mode and maxes at 45. You might know what the term pucker up means.

4) Mercedes SL500 had its entire locking system fail twice and replaced. Not to mention all the other gremlins which took trips to the dealer to get straightened out.

5) Range Rover Sport Supercharged, that has close to 20 dealer trips over 3 years so solve its numerous issues. It only has 32k miles and it is a 2017. Parts replaced, electronic gremlins, and basic use ability updates. You know it’s bad when Landrover now allows over the air updates because of the amount of updates that fixed stupid issues.

So that is just a few different brands/models that sound just as bad as what you had in your truck. Glad you can come and vent and let us know how much the Ford Raptor sucks. Funny I know 3 other raptor owners which don’t even know how to spell forum and they are 100% trouble free.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you joined a year ago and one of your only 10 posts is nothing but run on list of BS complaints. You list includes “the transmission is a joke” and you claim “horrible rear A/C circulation”, which doesn’t even make sense. The only joke here is your post, you sound like someone who is desperate for attention. As an owner of the same truck I can tell you first hand that you’re full of sh*t.

The gray interior paint doesn’t chip unless it is impacted by an object or chemical damage. Same with the body panels, they’re thicker and more dent resistant than steel. It’s apparent that you have no clue how to properly take care of a vehicle; you damage it and then blame the manufacturer. That’s pathetic.

Your infotainment system issues are caused by your device. They’re all built the same, the variable is what you’re pairing to it. So once again you’re inducing issues and blaming someone else because you apparently have issue with taking personal accountability.

You claim “solenoid sensor failure” which isn’t even an actual component. You’re making it up as you go; talking out of your a$$.

I’ve never said this but I honestly feel bad for your dealership. I can just imagine you walking in there with impact damage all over your truck claiming they should fix it for free because “sOdA cAn bOdY pAneLz!!!”. Never mind the other fabricated and downright ridiculous claims you’re made. I can only imagine the RO, “customer claims solenoid sensor failure”. :facepalm:
Stop! Stop! Hes already dead

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Not at all. I realize and suggested it was probably bad luck. Whats funny is of the vehicles you listed I have had several Rover Sports including current Autobiography with 100k miles. Never had any issues. I have several M cars. One i did replace hpfp at 50k but that was preemptive.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that @hotcorner17 , concur with luck of draw. Too bad none of many issues fall under lemon law protections. I know two people here in CA had to involve lemon law attorney but after two years of their van, got all money back from monthly payments and then some. Just FYI . See how gen 3’s go and while you can still sell yours at crazy premiums now.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
3)BMW HPFP issues. Not to mention modules failure. All resolved but it happened. Have fun merging onto a highway when everyone one is doing 70-80 with wall to wall cars and your car just stops accelerating and goes into Lino mode and maxes at 45. You might know what the term pucker up means.

Posuer. My rental bmw’s anti lock brakes faulted on Susten Pass coming into a hairpin, leaving me and the wife with NO brakes, only downshifting.... All, coincidentally, as ‘Don’t Fear the Reaper’ was playing. That was 2008 and I still hear about that to this day.

The song playing, not the “holy $hit, we’re about to sail off a cliff, how the f*** do I stop this thing, man I hope these tires stick...” moment.

Fault lasted only a few seconds and then defaulted to regular brakes, which of course was when I had brakes fully depressed, and went immediately to full lock up, then some brakes but at the moment I was trying to stick the curve.

We coasted into a pull off to relax for a bit.
Brand B engineers are entirely too impressed with their own abilities.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
So sorry to hear that @hotcorner17 , concur with luck of draw. Too bad none of many issues fall under lemon law protections. I know two people here in CA had to involve lemon law attorney but after two years of their van, got all money back from monthly payments and then some. Just FYI . See how gen 3’s go and while you can still sell yours at crazy premiums now.
Yeah, unfortunately lemon law has to be in first 24 months I think. I am just fortunate I didn’t need to rely on the vehicle for transportation and had other options while it has been in the shop.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you think Ford Raptor is the only “company/vehicle” to have bad eggs.

1) had a Chevy 2500HD and it had so many problems that I did what ever I could to sell it. 50k miles and you would have thought it had 500k.

2) had a 90k BMW X5 which was in the shop 64 days. BMW flew a master tech from Germany to diagnose the issues and what did he say. “I have never seen a BMW with this issue”. Yea BMW gave me a new truck with out even me asking. The truck was shipped back to SC for Long term training and diagnosis.

4) Mercedes SL500 had its entire locking system fail twice and replaced. Not to mention all the other gremlins which took trips to the dealer to get straightened out.

5) Range Rover Sport Supercharged, that has close to 20 dealer trips over 3 years so solve its numerous issues. It only has 32k miles and it is a 2017. Parts replaced, electronic gremlins, and basic use ability updates. You know it’s bad when Landrover now allows over the air updates because of the amount of updates that fixed stupid issues.

So that is just a few different brands/models that sound just as bad as what you had in your truck. Glad you can come and vent and let us know how much the Ford Raptor sucks. Funny I know 3 other raptor owners which don’t even know how to spell forum and they are 100% trouble free.
The guy only had 2 significant issues in 4 years, cam phaser repair and sunroof, both which are known concerns and addressed by TSBs that correct the issues. He claims to have had 2 minor repairs, camera and a horn. The rest are just baseless complaints and damage induced by him that he thinks is the vehicle’s fault.

I don’t understand what he wants out of this thread except to complain and look for sympathy.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ur just one of the “unlucky” experience. I’ve driven Fords for 30 yrs and have had no issues with any of them. Then I hear people say ford is crap they’re trucks are ****. Every brand has its good experiences and bad. You’ve just had the bad. I would’ve gotten rid of ur truck asap with the first few problems not held on to it for as long. Now ur really soured on ford which is too bad. If you had exchanged that truck early days you probably be on here raving about how great Raptors are.