Raptor is terrible!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy only had 2 significant issues in 4 years, cam phaser repair and sunroof, both which are known concerns and addressed by TSBs that correct the issues. He claims to have had 2 minor repairs, camera and a horn. The rest are just baseless complaints and damage induced by him that he thinks is the vehicle’s fault.

I don’t understand what he wants out of this thread except to complain and look for sympathy.
Agree with that 100%. I think my punch list is about 2x his and a couple more major. I would have never thought to complain about it. Ford fixed every issue under warranty or no cost.
Truck runs great. I also have driven about every brand ever made (Saab, MB, Chevy, Fiat, Toyota, Dodge, etc), Corvairs to big trucks - my Raptor is still the most versatile and reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately lemon law has to be in first 24 months I think. I am just fortunate I didn’t need to rely on the vehicle for transportation and had other options while it has been in the shop.
I realize now you spend a lot of time around here telling people they are wrong, it’s there fault something broke, and defending the Raptor to those that have had some issue. I have suggested several times you are welcome to leave this post if you think my discussion is pointless, fabricated or exaggerated. Go harass someone else like the trd guy!

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Agree with that 100%. I think my punch list is about 2x his and a couple more major. I would have never thought to complain about it. Ford fixed every issue under warranty or no cost.
Truck runs great. I also have driven about every brand ever made (Saab, MB, Chevy, Fiat, Toyota, Dodge, etc), Corvairs to big trucks - my Raptor is still the most versatile and reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
My Raptor has been in shop at least 60 days. Yours has been in shop twice as long and that’s your most reliable vehicle? You have worse luck then me. In all seriousness, I agree Ford has fixed the issues without question though I do have the extended warranty.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soooo, when are you getting that Gen 3? You'll probably get close to what you paid for your current raptor if you don't show the salesmen this thread.

leeJ

Reaction score
It still makes me laugh and think how people think. Saying Ford builds junk is very ignorant statement. Yes are there misused lemons out there….if you have a lemon get rid of it. I see most of the issues as misuse. I currently own 3 with 3 more Raptors coming. Trading a 19 and 2 20’s for one 21 and 2 22’s. Zero issues other than the occasional update. I own 12 F Series trucks with very very minor issues. They are trucks. Fix and move on. If you think a Ram is the fix all…? Try it. You’ll see.
Side note: I’ve made money on every single truck I’ve owned in the last 2 yrs. Over what I paid for them. No one can say that
Ram No GM Hell No Toyota well i don’t know anyone who buys American Killer of citizens except Mexicans. I’m Hispanic so I can say that without issue

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Raptor has been in shop at least 60 days. Yours has been in shop twice as long and that’s your most reliable vehicle? You have worse luck then me. In all seriousness, I agree Ford has fixed the issues without question though I do have the extended warranty.
Naw, not 120 days in the shop. Maybe 20 some days overall. Cam phasers (2x) was the bulk of it, maybe 4-5 days each time. Dealer always gave me a nice loaner so I didn’t see it as much of a hassle at all. Got to drive a new Explorer and a couple other new F-150s.

Seems most of the issues people have on here with Fords is poor dealer or service experiences more than the vehicle or poor engineering of the vehicle. This happens with every brand.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not at all. I realize and suggested it was probably bad luck. Whats funny is of the vehicles you listed I have had several Rover Sports including current Autobiography with 100k miles. Never had any issues. I have several M cars. One i did replace hpfp at 50k but that was preemptive.
You just proved my point.

Your autobiography was perfect yet mine was nothing but issues. What generation is your 100k mile autobiography?

I have had many M cars as well but they even had minor issues. My F80 was perfect except for the steering would pull left so there were parts replaced there(TSB well know F80 issue) My E90 had throttle body actuators(TSB well known e90 issue)replaced because they failed.

My 550’s were spot on with no issues. The wife had 4 x5’s and only one had major issues.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
You just proved my point.

Your autobiography was perfect yet mine was nothing but issues. What generation is your 100k mile autobiography?

I have had many M cars as well but they even had minor issues. My F80 was perfect except for the steering would pull left so there were parts replaced there(TSB well know F80 issue) My E90 had throttle body actuators(TSB well known e90 issue)replaced because they failed.

My 550’s were spot on with no issues. The wife had 4 x5’s and only one had major issues.
Our current RR is a ‘17. Great truck, at least has been for us . I wish Fords paint and body was as nice and straight as the RR but obviously different class of vehicle, though getting close in price!