Raptor is terrible!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Yeah, that definitely has been tampered with, looks like attempted entry.
Highly unlikely given its parked in private, controlled access garages 99% of the time and pretty affluent neighborhood rest of time. Nothing on paint, just needs washed.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly unlikely given its parked in private, controlled access garages 99% of the time and pretty affluent neighborhood rest of time. Nothing on paint, just needs washed.
Unlikely maybe, but not impossible. Mine is garaged and at the office 99% of the time, that 1% of the time is outside of my control, just like it is for you.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

controlled access garages. Do they have a disclaimer for property stolen and/or damaged vehicles? If not, get them to pony up. It seriously looks like someone tried to get in.

affluent neighborhood doesn’t mean what it did 30 years ago.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an incorrect description of ONE item of 20. That is the cam solenoid wire and cam position sensor not a solenoid position sensor. Nothing made up. It is a logical fallacy to claim the entire post is BS because of a factual error in a single description but nice try anyways. Go back to debate 101. Let me update my post to your liking. Nothing here is made up or false claim.

ACTUAL REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY
1. Cam phaser repair #1
2. Cam phaser solenoid replacement
3. Cam phaser repair #2
4. Sunroof replacement
5. Rear camera failure
6. Horn went out.
7. Noisy front hub, replaced
8. CAM SOLENOID WIRE AND CAM POSITION SENSOR
9. Rear seatbelt mechanism failure, replaced

THE FOLLOWING ARE PERSONAL COMPLAINTS AND YMMV

10. Rear door handle falling off
11. Front interior door panel loose
12. Gray paint trim chipping everywhere. Also generally poor quality/coverage trim paint on interio
13. Aluminum body is basically a soda can. Dont sneeze on it or it dents. Poor quality exterior paint.
14. Terrible interior insulation. Loud road noise in comparison to Trx
15. Horrible rear a/c circulation. Rear passengers always complain
16. The transmission is a joke.
17. Door weather stripping falling off
18. Glove box doesn't close properly
19. Stupid but annoying, the radio changes sources randomly. So sometimes when I start it will be on am or fm even though I always leave it on xm
20. Infotainment unit has frozen about 2 dozen times when driving. Have to do the force restart.
21. One more. The dealership experience.
How's your Flux Capacitor working?

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posuer. My rental bmw’s anti lock brakes faulted on Susten Pass coming into a hairpin, leaving me and the wife with NO brakes, only downshifting.... All, coincidentally, as ‘Don’t Fear the Reaper’ was playing. That was 2008 and I still hear about that to this day.

Holy...sh!!!!! LOL ("Don't Fear the Reaper" playing....LOL)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Holy...sh!!!!! LOL ("Don't Fear the Reaper" playing....LOL)
She never complains about Mad Sunday at the Isle of Man; if you’re not aware, during the TT week of the TT Fortnight, Sunday after race day 1, is “Mad Sunday”. The mountain course is open to the public with no speed limit.

Yes, we rode Mad Sunday, 2 up and at a brisk pace. I never get $hit for taking the KTM really hot into Windy corner, or wheelie-ing out of every roundabout on the way back but I get an earful anytime vacations come up for the 100% coincidental song playing when the stinking brand b-brakes fail on a mountain pass.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Watching reviews on the ‘22. Interesting several reviewers have noted the transmission is much improved. Thought there was no issue on gen2, lol. Sadly still complaints about fit and finish, particularly body and fender flares.