Raptor is terrible!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I honestly think a big part of the problem is the dealer. I've had the same two 'major issues', sunroof and cam phasers. Sunroof was a big issue for me as it broke half way closed while out of warranty. It was only a $300 repair though, so not the end of the world.

Cam phaser was under warranty and an easy fix. Took less than a week to get fixed and never really added any stress to my life. It was clear my dealer had seen the issue many times before and new exactly how to address it. I'm thinking OPs dealer did not, and hence that replaced parts unnecessarily and/or caused some issues in the repair.

As far as some of the other issues, my experience has been that bigger vehicles are going to be more prone to damage in general that smaller vehicles. Obviously, more surface area outside and inside. You're more likely to get door dings because since the vehicle takes up more space in a lot. You're using it to carry lumber etc, somethin you aren't doing with your coupe or sedan. That's not exactly saying owners fault for damage, but you can't compare wear and tear on a sedan to a truck and conclude the truck just isn't made as well.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would suggest its you who may need therapy particularly if it makes you feel better to insult others over a truck. Personal attacks and insults are typical of keyboard warriors these days though. So far, of memory, I am a joke, a fool, liar, incapable of caring for a truck, know nothing, desperate for attention and need therapy. Ok big man.

Anyways, the point is you attacked my claim as ridiculous despite many others here and elsewhere finding similar issues with the transmission.
You seem to not understand that you are the one who posted a list of complaints, most of which were either not credible or damage related, looking for attention and sympathy. You of course topped it off with a click bait title. Seek professional help, nobody cares that you dented up your truck and broke your door handle.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
There you go again with the not credible or damage related argument added with the “seek help”. You just keep repeating yourself. Aside from door dings, which the truck is prone to, none of the other items are damage related. Clearly you think highly of the Raptor. Good for you. I think it could be a lot better. Do you work for Ford or only drive Fords?

Last edited:

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man @FordTechOne i agree - dude you need some Xanax or something to chill out. If you don’t like his posts I have a suggestion-don’t read them. It’s totally your choice and why would you choose to do something that makes you so obviously angry? It’s like the news these days if you don’t like the message/slant just turn it off.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There you go again with the not credible or damage related argument added with the “seek help”. You just keep repeating yourself. Aside from door dings, which the truck is prone to, none of the other items are damage related. Clearly you think highly of the Raptor. Good for you. I think it could be a lot better. Do you work for Ford or only drive Fords?
I only drive them. I don’t work at the dealer anymore. I drive the same vehicle, so it’s very easy to call you out on your nonsense and exaggerations.

You still never answered what the point of this thread was.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Please tell me what is specifically nonsense.

Cam phasers-known issue
Solenoid and sensor- maybe misdiagnosis or maybe needed repair. Will never know. Either way, i was out vehicle.
Sunroof-known issue
Transmission- many on this forum and reviewers agree it could be better
Seat belt-maybe a one off issue
Infotainment-multiple others here with similar issues, albeit minor
Fit and finish- you are intellectually dishonest if you say Ford could not improve things here. This includes body panel waviness and panel gaps. Interior quality. Again, several have noted trim paint chips/wears easily.
Door handles-not sure if this is damage or quality. I dont see break in attempt. Who knows.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please tell me what is specifically nonsense.

Cam phasers-known issue
Solenoid and sensor- maybe misdiagnosis or maybe needed repair. Will never know. Either way, i was out vehicle.
Sunroof-known issue
Transmission- many on this forum and reviewers agree it could be better
Seat belt-maybe a one off issue
Infotainment-multiple others here with similar issues, albeit minor
Fit and finish- you are intellectually dishonest if you say Ford could not improve things here. This includes body panel waviness and panel gaps. Interior quality. Again, several have noted trim paint chips/wears easily.
Door handles-not sure if this is damage or quality. I dont see break in attempt. Who knows.

All nonsense, subjective, or damage, including the component that you made up.

Ford has made a hunk of junk.
Rear door handle falling off
Gray paint trim chipping everywhere
Aluminum body is basically a soda can. Dont sneeze on it or it dents. Poor quality exterior paint.
Terrible interior insulation.
Horrible rear a/c circulation
The transmission is a joke.
Solenoid sensor failure

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
So mostly real issues with a few added subjective complaints (including several noted by many others) is somehow nonsense? And yes as pointed out it was a cam position sensor and cam phaser solenoid. You act as those it is completely fabricated it when obviously I just incorrectly described the part which has since been corrected. Sorry not a mechanic fortunately.

Last edited: