Raptor is terrible!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Watching reviews on the ‘22. Interesting several reviewers have noted the transmission is much improved. Thought there was no issue on gen2, lol. Sadly still complaints about fit and finish, particularly body and fender flares.

A healthy dose of confirmation bias for sure. I liken this to all the reviews you see online on how brand A tires I just got stick way, way better than the brand b tires that were stock!
(which you ran for 40+ thousand miles and were shagged so not $hit your brand new tires are better)

I’m sure Jen Tres is an improved model and great truck.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
You can call confirmation bias if you want. Either way, I’m not the only person who’s felt the gen 2 transmission could be improved upon. Apparently even Ford did and it’s good to hear that it’s better in the current model.

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can call confirmation bias if you want. Either way, I’m not the only person who’s felt the gen 2 transmission could be improved prime. Apparently even Ford did and it’s good to hear that it’s better in the current model.
Gen 3 transmission/software is fixed and shifts the way it should have in the gen 2. no gear hunting and very responsive shifts

Attachments

• 972D87CA-D042-4091-91D0-9D73A725F70B.jpeg
    972D87CA-D042-4091-91D0-9D73A725F70B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can call confirmation bias if you want. Either way, I’m not the only person who’s felt the gen 2 transmission could be improved prime. Apparently even Ford did and it’s good to hear that it’s better in the current model.
Everything you’re saying is subjective. Never mind your ridiculous claims that the “transmission is a joke”, which clearly shows that the only joke here is you. Your goal is to complain, that much you’ve made obvious. Maybe talk to a therapist? Nobody here can help you with your personal issues.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
Everything you’re saying is subjective. Never mind your ridiculous claims that the “transmission is a joke”, which clearly shows that the only joke here is you. Your goal is to complain, that much you’ve made obvious. Maybe talk to a therapist? Nobody here can help you with your personal issues.
I would suggest its you who may need therapy particularly if it makes you feel better to insult others over a truck. Personal attacks and insults are typical of keyboard warriors these days though. So far, of memory, I am a joke, a fool, liar, incapable of caring for a truck, know nothing, desperate for attention and need therapy. Ok big man.

Anyways, the point is you attacked my claim as ridiculous despite many others here and elsewhere finding similar issues with the transmission.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can call confirmation bias if you want. Either way, I’m not the only person who’s felt the gen 2 transmission could be improved upon. Apparently even Ford did and it’s good to hear that it’s better in the current model.

I will, and I did :) I’ve bemoaned the Raptors - the Jen Too, specifically, unwillingness to downshift in Normal (eco) mode. I’m going to bite the bullet and drop my Rap off for some transmission attention. I tried to pass someone the other night at about 50 mph. Now, in sport mode you’d only be in ... 7th or 8th, I floored it in normal. No downshift.

Bad Raptor. No doughnut.

I seriously F***ing hate that. Really. So did the bloke in the left lane who had to slow down but shouldn’t have, if my truck had done what it was supposed to do, like any other normal vehicle. And like she’s done, probably scores of times in the past. I detest selfish/rude drivers and do my best not to be that but when the truck didn’t downshift, stayed in 10th gear at 50mph and just poured 18 pounds of boost on the situation, it felt like forever before I was up to 70 - the limit. I’m sure it wasn’t, but it felt like it.

I’m hopeful that Jen Tres has better programming. That said, I am not complaining about sport, harsh shifts, cold shifts. Only one other oddity bugs me about the shifting, again, in Normal (eco) mode. I catch the truck sometimes not shifting out of 3rd while coming to a stop. Then I take off in 3rd, and immediately downshift to 2nd, not first. That’s annoying. I can make it happen 100% of the time with a slow rolling “California stop”. Most of the time if I completely stop and take off again within about a second.

That still does not alter my perception of the many people who are reviewing a brand new vehicle, with limited seat time, compared to their previous ride rather than an objective reviewer doing a side by side or back to back comparison. Again, I go back to my tire analogy.

You’re damn right your brand new brand A tires are better than your shagged brand b tires you heat cycled for 4 years and 40 thousand miles. That doesn’t mean that an even comparison will turn out the same. We have to take internet “reviews” or comparisons with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
H

hotcorner17

Reaction score
I will, and I did :) I’ve bemoaned the Raptors - the Jen Too, specifically, unwillingness to downshift in Normal (eco) mode. I’m going to bite the bullet and drop my Rap off for some transmission attention. I tried to pass someone the other night at about 50 mph. Now, in sport mode you’d only be in ... 7th or 8th, I floored it in normal. No downshift.

Bad Raptor. No doughnut.

I seriously F***ing hate that. Really. So did the bloke in the left lane who had to slow down but shouldn’t have, if my truck had done what it was supposed to do, like any other normal vehicle. And like she’s done, probably scores of times in the past. I detest selfish/rude drivers and do my best not to be that but when the truck didn’t downshift, stayed in 10th gear at 50mph and just poured 18 pounds of boost on the situation, it felt like forever before I was up to 70 - the limit. I’m sure it wasn’t, but it felt like it.

I’m hopeful that Jen Tres has better programming. That said, I am not complaining about sport, harsh shifts, cold shifts. Only one other oddity bugs me about the shifting, again, in Normal (eco) mode. I catch the truck sometimes not shifting out of 3rd while coming to a stop. Then I take off in 3rd, and immediately downshift to 2nd, not first. That’s annoying. I can make it happen 100% of the time with a slow rolling “California stop”. Most of the time if I completely stop and take off again within about a second.

That still does not alter my perception of the many people who are reviewing a brand new vehicle, with limited seat time, compared to their previous ride rather than an objective reviewer doing a side by side or back to back comparison. Again, I go back to my tire analogy.

You’re damn right your brand new brand A tires are better than your shagged brand b tires you heat cycled for 4 years and 40 thousand miles. That doesn’t mean that an even comparison will turn out the same. We have to take internet “reviews” or comparisons with a grain of salt.
I hear ya. Good points.