Raptor Gen 3 Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktownsensation

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well just my two
Cents. I don’t know about everyone in the US but in Canada gas prices are already looking to go up almost .50 cents a litre in the next 5 years with the country’s new carbon tax. Some provinces are talking of banning non electric sales by 2030.I just can’t see most folks wanting a 700HP gas eater. Sure it sounds great and goes fast but to what end. Why not offer a eco boost similar to the one now but more tuned that puts out the HP and shifts crisp like a goose tuned from the factory with the warranty

Reaction score
Why not offer a eco boost similar to the one now but more tuned that puts out the HP and shifts crisp like a goose tuned from the factory with the warranty

I think that is the problem. Making something perform like that at those power levels probably won't bode well for warranty costs (5yr/60k miles). Another powerplant is required to get up in reliable HP.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
I find it humorous that ppl saying it’s not for the masses it’s a special edition truck and then ppl also saying it has to have a green engine and be certain fuel efficient and so on cause that is where everything else is going...is it an outlier from the masses or is it not? It won’t be both

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that is the problem. Making something perform like that at those power levels probably won't bode well for warranty costs (5yr/60k miles). Another powerplant is required to get up in reliable HP.

Why? Regardless of power level, it would still need to pass all OE durability requirements, just as the current engine does. It has nothing to do with warranty cost.

Reaction score
Why? Regardless of power level, it would still need to pass all OE durability requirements, just as the current engine does. It has nothing to do with warranty cost.
You misunderstood my comment. I do not think that Ford can make the current ecoboost to that level of performance and still have good (low) warranty costs for 5yr/60k miles. Take that a step further, I am not sure it would pass Ford OE validation test to even get in production. The Ford GT has a decent power level (engine still not up to the hemi level of output), but keep in mind that it also has much different parts than a raptor 3.5 ecoboost. Even if we said, just drop a GT engine in, what cost upcharge would that be? Would it be easier/cheaper for Ford to just put a v8 in that they already have?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You misunderstood my comment. I do not think that Ford can make the current ecoboost to that level of performance and still have good (low) warranty costs for 5yr/60k miles. Take that a step further, I am not sure it would pass Ford OE validation test to even get in production.

I understood your comment as it was stated. Everything you said is baseless speculation. There is no data to support anything you’re claiming.

The Ford GT has a decent power level (engine still not up to the hemi level of output), but keep in mind that it also has much different parts than a raptor 3.5 ecoboost. Even if we said, just drop a GT engine in, what cost upcharge would that be? Would it be easier/cheaper for Ford to just put a v8 in that they already have?

Using an existing engine is almost always more cost effective then creating a new one or significantly redesigning another.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Using an existing engine is almost always more cost effective then creating a new one or significantly redesigning another.

hmm... Tuned, the Raptor 3.5TT can produce some pretty stupid levels of acceleration. So, if you took more parts from the GT, to provide some OE level quality at the additional power levels, and let’s say you manage to keep the weight the same or shed a few pounds here or there, you’d have a truck that would accelerate competitively with the TRX. It wouldn’t have near the power output, or potential output sure, but you also aren’t looking at 6 figures either.