Raptor Assault Worthwhile for Experienced Off-roaders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gosh, I just can’t see that happening on that course. The only reason its a baja course is because they tell you to put it into baja mode. Its really just a small track with some turns and one embankment. The very first turn to the left is the only place where you could get any speed, if that and to roll it twice seems far fetched, maybe once or on it side or roof. I purchased their insurance because I had no idea what the course would be like. After taking it I probably wouldn’t have purchased it but for $100, I guess it was a small price to pay for a mere peace of mind.

Its also important to note that the “Baja” course has changed over the years. It was a bit longer, faster and included a jump in the beginning. When I went it was the shortest, slowest it’s ever been and did not have an opportunity to jump the truck. It has since loosened up a bit from what I’ve read and they have reintroduced the jump but it’s still not nearly as “treacherous” as the original layout and rules.

D

Deleted member 12951

Its also important to note that the “Baja” course has changed over the years. It was a bit longer, faster and included a jump in the beginning. When I went it was the shortest, slowest it’s ever been and did not have an opportunity to jump the truck. It has since loosened up a bit from what I’ve read and they have reintroduced the jump but it’s still not nearly as “treacherous” as the original layout and rules.
Yes aware. When I went in July 2020, it was short in the area you first go to do the 30 degree angle. The guy makes it sound like it recently happened so assumed it was the same short track course.

They did have the jump in the middle of the course as a separate very short track.

wac45

Reaction score
I just got back from the Raptor Assault course. Although this is my second Raptor I did not have any off road experience. I had an incredible time, learned a lot and was amazed at the capabilities of this truck off road. The entire experience was first class and the attitude of all the instructors was positive and helpful.

I think it is great that Ford offers this opportunity to Raptor owners and encourage anyone that is interested in learning the capabilities of this truck to take advantage of this resource. You will not be disappointed.