Raptor Assault October 4-5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who put the spell on you? ;-)

Truck looks good. I SUPPOSE we could consider rescinding the provisional prius pic... IDK. @K223 ?

Seriously though, sounds like you have a good plan for the R/A trip. Definitely allot more time than you think you’ll take to account for anomalies.
Let’s just say he’s on his way of earning his way out the Prius picture.

Now that’s way good for Mr. Crazy. I’m just ecstatic to see his beautiful truck finally. Only took 5k+ posts before he purchased and starting modding it lol

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s just say he’s on his way of earning his way out the Prius picture.

Now that’s way good for Mr. Crazy. I’m just ecstatic to see his beautiful truck finally. Only took 5k+ posts before he purchased and starting modding it lol
Wait til I get back to the numbered questions! I was like on #22 or something, eh?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your son can hang tell em he’s 14. He doesn’t have an ID they can check. Kinda risky if something happens I guess but probably should delete this thread if you go that route lol.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m going 8-25/8-26, flying into grand junction CO & flying out of SLC on that Sunday, seemed difficult to rent a vehicle from Moab area & return to SLC hence why I’m flying into Grand

I’ll probably stay in Toole as suggested, don’t have any more concrete plans yet for the rest of the trip but will plan on some hiking

any good suggestions for hiking between Moab & SLC? Keep in mind wifey coming so I’ll need to have some decent places to stay & eat/drink nearby by after hiking if I’m gonna make her do serious hikes in dead hot summer in middle of desert lol

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any good suggestions for hiking between Moab & SLC? Keep in mind wifey coming so I’ll need to have some decent places to stay & eat/drink nearby by after hiking if I’m gonna make her do serious hikes in dead hot summer in middle of desert lol
Go early, go high. I'm thinking your best bet is in the Wasatch Range outside of SLC. You can take a tram to the top of Snowbird and hike from there. There are a range of nice hikes in Little Cottonwood Canyon, from short and easy to longer and harder.

Edit: typo

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go early, go high. I'm thinking your best bet is in the Wasatch Range outside of SLC. You can take a tram to the top of Snowbird and hike from there. There are a range of nice hikes in Little Cottonwood Canyon, from short and easy to longer and harder.

Edit: typo
Thanks appreciate!

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assault is kind of isolated so other than video games in the hotel room not sure on things to do while at the class. I stayed north of the school about 15 - 20 minuets away, there are nicer hotels outside of Toole. There isn't much public access to fishing off I-70 if you want to get some good trout fishing you can take Hwy 40 north to Granby and Hot Sulphur Springs and fish the headwaters of the Colorado or head up Hwy 9 out of Silverthorne and fish the Blue River. If you go to Hwy 40 there is an awesome dirt road outside of Kremling called Through Road that will continue to give you access to the Colorado and hooks you up with Hwy 131 where you can go south to link back up with I-70. From the Colorado state line to SLC is high desert Brother and no real fishing opportunities. The road from Cisco to Moab (Utah Hwy 128) is a spectacular drive through the Fisher Tower area and worth the 1 - 1-1/2 detour for sure plus driving close to Moab with a Raptor and not checking it out should be a crime. Sounds like an awesome trip - Enjoy!!!!!!

No Raptor with me as we flew. But did rent a sweet Wrangler so will check it out. Thanks

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So T-minus one week until RA. Any updates I should know of?