Raptor Assault Worthwhile for Experienced Off-roaders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeeCeex2

Reaction score
:happy175: Again similar to shooting. At a match a few months after an advanced shooting class, "Oh, you're the guy that shot himself in the leg doing a fast draw!!"

I always like to learn from other's mistakes whenever possible! It's much less
expensive/painful.
I was in the "advanced shooting class" at RCRC when a shooter shot himself in the leg. Glad to hear you have apparently recovered from that injury! If your incident happened at a different range, know that it also happened to someone else!

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much they will sell those Raptors for when they get the new ones?

At least you know the oil has been changed regularly.

Brett 2019

Reaction score
Worth going to Raptor Assault ! I have been mudding for over 30 years but still learned things. Jumping was awesome. Would never have thought to let off gas right before being airborne in order to shift into higher gear for landing. Probably would have done in in four wheel drive messing up the truck. Worth the trip!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGrizzly

MrGrizzly

Reaction score
*UPDATE* My dad and I decided to take the plunge and are headed to Utah this coming Monday. Thanks for everyone's input. My deciding factors were three fold:

(1) Priceless quality time with pops
(2) Ability to learn something new about my truck
(3) Get a break from the wife and kids for a few days...

I will be sure to update you all on my thoughts--though I am sure it will be a worthwhile experience.

wac45

Reaction score
*UPDATE* My dad and I decided to take the plunge and are headed to Utah this coming Monday. Thanks for everyone's input. My deciding factors were three fold:

(1) Priceless quality time with pops
(2) Ability to learn something new about my truck
(3) Get a break from the wife and kids for a few days...

I will be sure to update you all on my thoughts--though I am sure it will be a worthwhile experience.
A buddy and I are both headed out to the class Monday as well. Although this is my second Raptor I do not have any off road experience in the truck so I know it wil be a learning experience for me. I am really looking forward to it. You made the right decision to go just to share the experience with your Dad, as you said, priceless.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
GET THE OPTIONAL INS!!
I Loved RA! I had a great time and met some Great Folks. I’ve been Off-Roading the Desert/Mountains for 30+ years but I still learned a few things about Wheeling and Capabilities of my Blue Lighting.
GET THE OPTIONAL INS!! I showed up a day early and went around back to the shop. They just rolled in a Raptor on a Flat Bed Turns out a “Trail King” had rolled the Raptor 2X on the Baja Course. I was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED at the end result. The NEITHER the A or B pillar had collapsed!! Windows broke, dented up as F:#¥k, but both occupants walked away!! BONUS- Driver paid $5k to WALK AWAY instead of $75K because he had BOUGHT THE INS!!

6E3E8221-D1F0-420A-A22F-23A129B5696F.jpeg

7AA41184-CBF5-4AA9-AE65-8FABB5FA3C5B.jpeg

E8055B35-B380-4BB0-96DE-1F5106BDC1A9.jpeg

B8BAE0AA-32DD-4DCB-A65C-22C3ED7E5DE2.jpeg

0C5C2527-1A46-4613-ABDC-6672AC290EAF.jpeg

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a moderately experienced offroader.

My thoughts are that this is targeted at novices and/or it's a business and they have to protect their equipment & pocketbook from 4 crashes & 6 destroyed Raptors per run... because that's what'll happen if you turn loose a bunch of unknown drivers, many of which will beyond their and the trucks' limits. Even on the super tame & short desert run course, we had one guy lose it and go off track. Bottom line is they don't run nearly as hard as I do when on my own.

That said, although this was a lot more tame than my usual runs, I enjoyed the event a lot and hope Ford continues to fund such an operation.

The camaraderie was great (95% car guys in my group), BLM land is gorgeous, the remaining vehicles in the museum were cool to see, and you get to get someone else's raptor very dirty and still do some fun but fairly tame offroading. And it gets you near Moab, so in my case, I went to Moab and rode the whole enchilada and then rented an X3 XRS Turbo R and ripped around Hells Revenge and Fins n Things for an entire day. Also, there's Arches. If you've already been running your Raptor a lot, go for these reasons.

As stated in prior posts, I never used the trail cruise control and instead two-footed.

D

Deleted member 12951

GET THE OPTIONAL INS!!
I Loved RA! I had a great time and met some Great Folks. I’ve been Off-Roading the Desert/Mountains for 30+ years but I still learned a few things about Wheeling and Capabilities of my Blue Lighting.
GET THE OPTIONAL INS!! I showed up a day early and went around back to the shop. They just rolled in a Raptor on a Flat Bed Turns out a “Trail King” had rolled the Raptor 2X on the Baja Course. I was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED at the end result. The NEITHER the A or B pillar had collapsed!! Windows broke, dented up as F:#¥k, but both occupants walked away!! BONUS- Driver paid $5k to WALK AWAY instead of $75K because he had BOUGHT THE INS!!

View attachment 164617

View attachment 164618

View attachment 164619

View attachment 164620

View attachment 164621
What is a “trail king”?