Raptor Assault October 4-5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assault is kind of isolated so other than video games in the hotel room not sure on things to do while at the class. I stayed north of the school about 15 - 20 minuets away, there are nicer hotels outside of Toole. There isn't much public access to fishing off I-70 if you want to get some good trout fishing you can take Hwy 40 north to Granby and Hot Sulphur Springs and fish the headwaters of the Colorado or head up Hwy 9 out of Silverthorne and fish the Blue River. If you go to Hwy 40 there is an awesome dirt road outside of Kremling called Through Road that will continue to give you access to the Colorado and hooks you up with Hwy 131 where you can go south to link back up with I-70. From the Colorado state line to SLC is high desert Brother and no real fishing opportunities. The road from Cisco to Moab (Utah Hwy 128) is a spectacular drive through the Fisher Tower area and worth the 1 - 1-1/2 detour for sure plus driving close to Moab with a Raptor and not checking it out should be a crime. Sounds like an awesome trip - Enjoy!!!!!!
I think we are going to go to South Fork when we are done in Denver and fish that area as that is where we lived 20 years ago. Then head to Durango, Moab then SLC. Probably hit Steamboat on the way back to Denver. Will also hit RMNP while in Denver one day. I'll also take my son up Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans to see the awesome views....and to say he's on top of a couple of 14ers.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be renting a 14' Gen 1 for the first 5 days and then a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited for 10 days to run around the state. Both vehicles on my want list.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
But just a spell........
Who put the spell on you? ;-)
Thanks for the compliments. I'm sure the Prius banter won't go away anytime soon.
Truck looks good. I SUPPOSE we could consider rescinding the provisional prius pic... IDK. @K223 ?

Seriously though, sounds like you have a good plan for the R/A trip. Definitely allot more time than you think you’ll take to account for anomalies.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who put the spell on you? ;-)

Truck looks good. I SUPPOSE we could consider rescinding the provisional prius pic... IDK. @K223 ?

Seriously though, sounds like you have a good plan for the R/A trip. Definitely allot more time than you think you’ll take to account for anomalies.
Wait until I finish modding before rescinding my Prius status. Dragging my kid up a couple of 14ers also. Gonna show him where we lived before the forest fire.