Raptor Assault - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like many, I assumed that the Raptor Assault School was run by Ford Performance. In fact, it is NOT.

RA is owned by one person who has a contract with Ford. The school is actually his business. So, if Ford won't pay him for your attendance, then don't expect much from the school.

That owner actually purchases all of the Raptors used in the program, and for similar prices as those on this forum. He also hires and pays the instructors. When the truck "wears out", he auctions them off and gets a good return. I know that he got $67,000 for one after a year or two of use. I would not want to purchase one of these trucks. Although they are maintained really well, they still take a regular beating.

I hope this at least helps to understand the business model in order to pursue this.

Last edited:

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
Purchased my Gen2 Raptor in the summer of 2019 with a plan to attend Raptor Assault in summer 2020. Given travel restrictions with CV19, I ended up not registering with an expectation that I’d be able to roll my registration forward into the 2021 registration cycle.

Fast forward to today, I called the folks at Raptor Assault and they basically told me (very rudely mind you) that I was outside the 1 year purchase window for registration, and even with CV19 restrictions the program was mostly on last year and subsequently another reason why they won’t allow me to register for a session anymore. I’ve even said that I would slot into any session they could fit me in (ie late cancellations) if given at least a week’s notice to book travel arrangements.

As I’d still really like to attend, I’m at a loss on how to proceed here (and to be honest pretty upset with the terrible customer experience the Ford Performance School provided). Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should proceed in an attempt to get registered for a session? Or am I screwed at this point?

My guess is that they have had to get strict due to so many people trying to get in after the year is up. I bought my Raptor in December of 17 and only found out about the Raptor Assault the following December. The dealer never mentioned it & I never got the invitation/information mailed to me. I was basically told to pound sand from RA, so I went to the dealership & complained that I wasn't informed about RA until it was too late. They made a call or 2 and gave me some names of people to call & I got to go in March in '2018. My excuse was not knowing about it, so that's different, but that's my experience. Best of luck & it is pretty damn cool, but as others have said it's not the greatest thing in the universe.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I think this is your error. It's not hard to find that they have the one-year limit and it's known that they enforce it. They were still doing RA doing COVID so that's unfortunately on you for assuming you'd get special treatment due to COVID. You might be able to try going to Ford to get some leverage but I get it. If they let everyone have an extension because of COVID, people who bought more recently wouldn't have openings.

Omallyyy

Reaction score
I just called to inquire about how this all works with the border closures (im in Canada) so for any canadians wondering, they said that they understand and they will extend our 1 year time limit. They didn't say by how much but she seemed very understanding and explained that they didn't have a set plan but Raptor Assault would help in any way they can (whatever that means)

She told me to apply online for Raptor Assault and pick a random date. If for whatever reason the borders aren't opened by then just cancel it and pick another date so at least we're in their system.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not for nothing but when you buy a new raptor or Shelby Ford sends first owners an information letter on how to attend Raptor assault or Shelby race day. NOW TELL ME YOU GOT NO LRTTER.
UP TO YOU TO SET IT UP
U R NOT SPECIAL CRYBABY

Reaction score
I am pretty sure there is an option to pay for a RA class. I believe it’s $1300 or something in that range. If you’re outside the one year, may be well worth it.

I was in SLC for business last October, drove out to the RA facility to look around. They told me that they are overbooked and do not accept anyone except those with Ford tickets. They let me buy an overpriced T-Shirt, tho.

JJOcean

Reaction score
Like someone else said, just go off and do some other Raptor events. The folks at RA just don't get customer service and really handled the whole pandemic poorly. Like you, I also bought my Raptor in the summer of 2019, but unlike you I was registered for an RA event in late April 2020. Despite my flight and hotel getting cancelled due to Covid in the weeks heading up to that class, RA kept insisting they were holding the class and they were enforcing their cancellation & rescheduling penalties. In the end, they cancelled the class a week or so before the start date ... probably due to all the threatened credit card chargebacks from scheduled attendees and complaints Ford was getting about them.

Never had any intentions of trying to reschedule after they showed their true colors during the peak of the pandemic. I'm a little glad to hear through this post they aren't part of Ford and owned by an outside entity ... didn't know that until now. My opinion of Ford took a drop as a part of that RA experience.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased my Gen2 Raptor in the summer of 2019 with a plan to attend Raptor Assault in summer 2020. Given travel restrictions with CV19, I ended up not registering with an expectation that I’d be able to roll my registration forward into the 2021 registration cycle.

Fast forward to today, I called the folks at Raptor Assault and they basically told me (very rudely mind you) that I was outside the 1 year purchase window for registration, and even with CV19 restrictions the program was mostly on last year and subsequently another reason why they won’t allow me to register for a session anymore. I’ve even said that I would slot into any session they could fit me in (ie late cancellations) if given at least a week’s notice to book travel arrangements.

As I’d still really like to attend, I’m at a loss on how to proceed here (and to be honest pretty upset with the terrible customer experience the Ford Performance School provided). Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should proceed in an attempt to get registered for a session? Or am I screwed at this point?

You’re screwed. I bought mine in September of 19. Went in June of last year and they had cut down class sizes, but were allowing people to plan further out past their purchase date. It was all listed out last year. Sorry bud!

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in SLC for business last October, drove out to the RA facility to look around. They told me that they are overbooked and do not accept anyone except those with Ford tickets. They let me buy an overpriced T-Shirt, tho.

What tshirt you buy. Dang. The nice blue one was $15. I didn’t think the prices were bad and I’m as cheap as they come.

FML

Reaction score
My dealership knew nothing about the program.

RA was accommodating with the various CV19 changes.

The class was worth attending if you can make it there.