Raptor Assault - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NovagatorCFA

Reaction score
Purchased my Gen2 Raptor in the summer of 2019 with a plan to attend Raptor Assault in summer 2020. Given travel restrictions with CV19, I ended up not registering with an expectation that I’d be able to roll my registration forward into the 2021 registration cycle.

Fast forward to today, I called the folks at Raptor Assault and they basically told me (very rudely mind you) that I was outside the 1 year purchase window for registration, and even with CV19 restrictions the program was mostly on last year and subsequently another reason why they won’t allow me to register for a session anymore. I’ve even said that I would slot into any session they could fit me in (ie late cancellations) if given at least a week’s notice to book travel arrangements.

As I’d still really like to attend, I’m at a loss on how to proceed here (and to be honest pretty upset with the terrible customer experience the Ford Performance School provided). Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should proceed in an attempt to get registered for a session? Or am I screwed at this point?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you're probably screwed, but you could try reaching out to customer service at Ford. They seem like they are pretty set in their one year window, no matter what is going on. I got my '20 in April of '20 and there was no stretching the window into later into this year. I got the same treatment as you when I tried.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did you know about RA but didn't know about the time limit? And why did you not call them when your travel plans got screwed up and ask to roll it forward? I'm sympathetic but I think that you shoulder a large part of the blame.

OP
OP
NovagatorCFA

NovagatorCFA

Reaction score
I thought covid would push out the window. Also, given they do continually have last minute cancellations and availability that go unused, I didn’t think it would be a ‘big deal’ to use up one of those slots, considering I did after all purchase an expensive truck. Apparently I was wrong (or too naive) on both accounts.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They seem to be very strict on the one year time frame, probably because the program is a significant cost to the company. I don’t think the main customer service center can help; last I inquired they just referred me back to the performance school number.

I also bought my truck in summer of 2019. I didn’t register, but I also didn’t receive any mail or email stating they were extending the time frame, so I assumed I wouldn’t be eligible.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one ever told me about Raptor Assault and I bought my truck from within 3 hours of the place lol. Called after joining the forums 13 months later and was essentially told to pound sand. No sleep lost over it though.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine in September of 19, registered in March 2020 and went in June 2020. The class was delayed a couple of times but was eventually held without issues.

D

Deleted member 17706

I thought covid would push out the window. Also, given they do continually have last minute cancellations and availability that go unused, I didn’t think it would be a ‘big deal’ to use up one of those slots, considering I did after all purchase an expensive truck. Apparently I was wrong (or too naive) on both accounts.

They would have worked with you if it was within reason. I bought mine on 3/31/20 and am going on 4/27/21. But it’s unrealistic to expect them to give you an entire extra year.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased mine in Aug. '19 and registered for a class in May '20 then got stuck outside the US for several months when Covid broke out. They let me extend but would only give me a couple months grace period but it took several emails to get them to agree to it. I ended up going in mid-Sept 20 when I finally got back home from Thirdworldia.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was fun, but I would reach out to local Raptor Club. You will get more / better off road advice / experience from a seasoned owner. Take your truck out and try the different modes.
your mileage my differ.

Last edited: