R Alternatives - What would you consider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I signed up for this Raptor Forum I thought it was for people that loved their Ford Raptors, and had a loyalty to the Ford brand. Lately I’ve been thinking it should be renamed “Impressive Vehicles to make your neighbors envious”, or just “The One-Upsmanship Forum”. I realize that may not be fair to many others here, but it does fit many of the more conspicuous consumers. Maybe if there were $100k ADMs our Trucks would be even more exclusive?

I’ve been a Motorhead all my life, even when it meant you had to build your own Hot Rod, Truck or whatever in order to stand out, or go faster than someone else. Then Barrett Jackson and insane $$$ hit the hobby, and guys that didn’t know a flat head from a Hemi, nor had any clue about anything automotive, other than that “as long as it was expensive, it had to be good” ruined the old car hobby for many. I guess it’s all just “stuff” to some, and the more expensive, the better. Too bad! Sorry for my venting, but it’s my opinion, and yours may vary.
Like any forum, there is great variety. It’s lightly moderated, which keeps it from being boring. Take what you like and leave the rest.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
In this forum...there are threads. And each thread has a title...if the title doesn't sound like something you would be interested in...then maybe don't read it. I understand your frustration, but the thread is literally titled "raptor r alternatives..."
Thank you sir for that explanation. I’ll try to do better in the future!

clemsondds

Reaction score
I placed a 7.18.22 R order and was 3rd on my dealer's list, with 2 delivered to-date (they only rec'd 2 allocations for '23).

As I've waited for the last year, I've thought a lot about trying to pick the car I would actually buy at a reasonable R ADM price.

Not knocking people who jumped for ADMs, I'm just posting what I'd buy in the 135k-150k range as I've waited over the course of the last 13+ months.

In my case I'd jump for a fully loaded RS6 Avant - Wife approval (good for kiddos & family), Capable AWD, ton of fun. A lot of the boxes my R will (eventually) check!

Would be cool to see if others have done this and what would be considered...
If I were you, I would keep the 37pp and get a 911. You could get a new 992 911 for under $150k and they have 4 seats. I looked at the avant and also looked at the panamera turbo s sport turismo....I did a ton of research on them and talked to several who had them. I discovered that most that jumped into that performance station wagon market, loved it for the first year or so but then it wore off.
It's hard to replace a truck...I'm always hauling stuff and use the truck constantly. Believe me...I've tried to talk myself into condensing down to one do everything car/suv but when it comes down to it, a truck is just nice to have. But it is fun to have another car for days when you just want something different. The 911 is a timeless car that handles like no other and will always hold its value. Just my opinion of course :). Any way you go...you won't be wrong! Have fun!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm, no suggestions of a Range Rover V8? Very capable on and off road, Luxury, etc.

Audi? Forget it. Porsche all the way.

We have the 6 cyl Defender and she is quite the pep. Gorgeous and super clean and tech friendly.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have the 6 cyl Defender and she is quite the pep. Gorgeous and super clean and tech friendly.
I really like the look of the defender, both old and new. Tried talking my wife into trading her Cayenne GTS for one but she likes the Porsche.

wyomingraptor

Reaction score
For years I thought about a replacement if something happened to my gen 1 raptor.
I never considered the Ram TRX. I would get the eco boost Raptor. It does perform better imho.
Thank god there’s a V8 in my R. I should be good for awhile.
Bottom line the suspension is where it’s at.

boredm

Reaction score
since I need a pickup of some sort for this vehicle slot, no question for me....another superduty