Question on Gen1 Touch Screen Synch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericprdu69

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the forum. My Sync touchscreen is now busted after an accident. I have a 2013 Raptor. What would you recommend as a replacement/upgrade? We’re an Apple product family so I am not looking for compatibility with Android. I’d like to have something compatible with Sync. Also, who should have install it? Thanks a bunch

OP
OP
E

ericprdu69

Reaction score
How about a straight replacement? Can you go through Ford or do you have to buy something from a third party and install yourself? Thanks

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about a straight replacement? Can you go through Ford or do you have to buy something from a third party and install yourself? Thanks
Try a junkyard for any f150 navigation, but then you'll have to get your dealer to update it with Raptor software I think.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the forum. My Sync touchscreen is now busted after an accident. I have a 2013 Raptor. What would you recommend as a replacement/upgrade? We’re an Apple product family so I am not looking for compatibility with Android. I’d like to have something compatible with Sync. Also, who should have install it? Thanks a bunch
SYNC 3 to keep the factory feel and look with an overall better layout and faster response, adds apple car play. Then if you want to update the look of the dash you can add the phoenix system that uses the underlying SYNC system.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but definitely related and may help OP.

I have a Gen1 with no Factory Navigation and no backup camera. I found a web-site a few days ago selling reconditioned OEM Navigation head units for $1,699 and a backup camera to go with it for another $299. It's supposed to be plug-and-play and no dealership visit is required to make them work together, plus has a one-year warranty. (My understanding is the OP could get just the head unit and buy a programmer from this reseller to make it work with his camera, if the OP wanted). Has anyone tried doing this type of swap, and if so, were you happy with the end results? TIA

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can drop in a standard AV headunit with the Maestro RR. I've been looking into it. It apparently fully supports touchscreen climate controls, etc.

Disclaimer, I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so I don't have experience, but I did look at some screenshots and it appears very similar if not the same as the OEM interface.

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d recommend doing a Sync3 upgrade. When I had my Gen1 I did whole thing for <$700. You can get a plug and play setup for cheap nowadays on Amazon even: 2021 SYNC 2 to SYNC 3 Upgrade Kit, Fits for Ford Lincoln SYNC3.4 MyFord Touch (MFT) Support Carplay/Customize UI/Wallpaper, Including GEN IV APIM Module,USB Hub,GPS Navigation Antenna- 8 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XKTBDS9/?tag=fordraptorforum-20