Question for you experienced guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCAB: Better breakover angle, shortest wheelbase available among all F-150s (tighter turning radius and more maneuverable), 200lb lighter, looks more like an offroad truck (imo)

SCREW: So much room for activities in the back, also looks great.

My choice:

Attachments

• 20170221_171247.jpg
    20170221_171247.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 55

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCAB: Better breakover angle, shortest wheelbase available among all F-150s (tighter turning radius and more maneuverable), 200lb lighter, looks more like an offroad truck (imo)

My choice:

Why is it that while I was reading your SCREW description I could not help thinking you were describing the SCREW as the "mullet"- 'business up front, party in the back'?

Thanks for the chuckle!

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it that while I was reading your SCREW description I could not help thinking you were describing the SCREW as the "mullet"- 'business up front, party in the back'?

Thanks for the chuckle!

Hahaha that does sound like a mullet now that you mention it! I was actually going for the bunk bed scene from Step Brothers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS90l4L2t6k

But from now on I will refer to any SCREW truck as a mullet :biggrin:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My choice:

Every time I see a Blue or Ruby truck I almost regret going black. Almost.

Lasercat

Reaction score
I initially wanted a SCAB but couldn't find one with the options I wanted, ended up buying a SCREW. Turns out I'm extremely happy with the decision, primarily due to the extra storage room in the back with the seats up.

I spend a lot of time off-road, but I'm not desert running, I'm hauling camping gear, firewood, coolers, bikes, and all the little stuff that makes life easier in the middle of the wilderness. That extra foot in length makes a massive difference in what I can put in the back seat. If that's important to you, then definitely something to consider.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'd urge you to take a look at the difference in crash test results between the two.

The lack of the b pillar in the scabs makes for scary crash test results. The screw seems to fair much better.

I agree. After seeing crash test videos of my older F150 Supercab, I'd never buy another Supercab truck. I'm sure the 2017s are way better, but a Scab will never perform as well as a Screw.

Way too many dipshits out there constantly staring at their phones to just shrug off sub-par crash tests nowadays. People harp on teens for doing it, but I see people who are anywhere from 20 to 70 years doing the same damn thing everywhere I go. It really ****** me off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randigitty