Where are you guys mounting your radios?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to ad some comms to my truck for when I’m working in more remote areas and I was wondering if there are any mounting solutions for the radios. I’m thinking Either on top of the dash, though I like having that spare parts tray, or somewhere down lower off to the side but I don’t want to affect my passengers leg room.

Just wanted to see what solutions y’all have come up with for this so far.

OP
OP
relak

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mobob

Reaction score
I mounted the faceplate in the media bin and the radio on a ram mount under the passenger seat for my Kenwood HAM. Not as many good mounting options on the Gen 3 for those of us that want everything out of sight when not in use.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was considering the same on my gen3 but it looks like it might be too shallow with this stupid wireless charger that doesn’t actually charge anything.

teamster

Reaction score
I put the radio on a Builtright panel on the dash for my Gen2, but on my Gen3, I'm planning on fabricating something similar to this for the center console. I run an Anytone AT-D578UVIII, which doesn't have many aftermarket mounting options, nor a decent non-bluetooth remote faceplate. This is the next best thing to having a remote faceplate and putting the radio itself in a less relevant area.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Thanks. I was considering the same on my gen3 but it looks like it might be too shallow with this stupid wireless charger that doesn’t actually charge anything.

I guess it would depend on which radio I went with. It would have to be one that’s not as long in the back. Is that GRMS or HAM?

This is what I got.