Question for those of you with the Alcon BBk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing my Alcon front BBK and I was curious if anyone ever had issues with the wheel speed sensor now that you have to remove the dust shield in order the fit the rotors? The dust shield protects the wire and I just want to make sure I don’t need to secure the wire to the knuckle somehow. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• AC4C460B-4322-4540-8B2C-BE40F1E1D5D3.jpeg
    AC4C460B-4322-4540-8B2C-BE40F1E1D5D3.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 37

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't know for sure til I get my brackets in, but that looks concerning to me. Not only due to possible abrasion, but also radiant heat. Will have to go back and look at others pics. Thinking I will go ahead and have some heat sleeve available when I do install.

Here is another perspective and if that is an unused bolt hole from the unused dust shield, it may be a place to attach the cable.

19_alcon_raptor_install-106-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bolt on the spindle is there and holds the wheel speed sensor wire to it. It’s just that lower part where it dips down behind the rotor I was worried about. That’s a good point about maybe adding a sleeve to the wire I may try to do that!

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I have not had it apart, and new to this platform, I’m not familiar with what goes where per se. So you’re saying in the photo, the bolt hole that appears to be “touching“ the 12 o’clock position of the hub is an additional attachment point for the cable? I assumed it was one of the bolt holes for the dust shield.

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No issue here. Had the brakes for a year and a half.
Even if the lines are designed to withstand a certain amount of heat, I suspect the majority of them were on the other side of the OE dust shield. So it would be interesting to see overtime if the lines become brittle, if anything.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I have not had it apart, and new to this platform, I’m not familiar with what goes where per se. So you’re saying in the photo, the bolt hole that appears to be “touching“ the 12 o’clock position of the hub is an additional attachment point for the cable? I assumed it was one of the bolt holes for the dust shield.
Oh no that is a hole for the dust shield but the angle in the picture makes it look much closer to the speed sensor wire than it is. It’s actually quite far away from it