PSA: Lock up your trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dahm.....for reals? I've heard it was able to be done like that but had no idea it was so easy
Yup. And it's super easy to get into an F150 with a flat screwdriver and a pair of pliers. It's almost like Ford wants them stolen so they can sell more ...

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish they'll come with manual. kids nowdays have no idea how to drive stick. Ordered a wrangler , lowest trim , grocery getter, future car for my teen (she is 14 ). It's a manual and dealer had no employee that knew how to drive it from their parking across the street where they get delivered new cars. Had to go get it myself. My son drives a 2000 7.3 L power stroke manual. That truck has some odd way to change speeds /drive. Someone tried to steal it. Found it 100 ft from where he parked it ..whoever tried to get it stalled it and just didnt know how to drive it.
Some replace the driver handle with a passenger handle.
You can always get battery kill switch installed but it's a PITA to reprogram your stereo every time

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can wrap the fobs in aluminum foil too. I snagged a faraday bag cheap off amazon. I have a small bag that I can tie behind the rear seat just incase I lose my original one on road trips.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couldnt find a Ford one

just dont pay attention to the title..all the ignitions are the same. I might actually do it. I'm wondering if instead of a kill switc I can connect to above the head switches and turn one of them into a kill switch, the wiring is already in place ...any thoughts?