Brand new 2019 SCrew stolen within 24 hours of picking it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cipaulini

Reaction score
I reside in Houston, but was in the San Antonio area for work and decided to stay around The Rim since it’s a “nicer” area. My raptor’s lock was popped around 12:21am notified by my ford pass app - I was sound asleep nursing a cold. Luckily, I didn’t have anything of real value except my golf clubs which were hidden under my seat. The thieves definitely searched the truck, assume looking for the key fob, as my truck was left a mess - paperwork/plans scattered everywhere, misc rags/towels thrown around, and my golf bag pockets opened. Turns out they took my owners manual that I had in my center console. Other than the factory pin card for keypad being in there, is there anything else the thieves can do with my owners manual? Can the code be reset just in case? I’m taking my truck to a Ford dealer in the AM. Broken in at San Antonio, but live in Houston. This might’ve been addressed in the thread, apologies if I missed it.

Uboofer

Reaction score
My understanding is that the factory key pin is located near the cabin air filter on the passenger side. If this is true, taking the key pin card out of the manual is not enough. But then again they would shatter the window if they wanted it bad enough. Locks and windows only keep the honest people out.

Im sorry to hear about your truck gotten taken. At least it worked out in the end and you didn't get have to pay for the stolen one.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I reside in Houston, but was in the San Antonio area for work and decided to stay around The Rim since it’s a “nicer” area. My raptor’s lock was popped around 12:21am notified by my ford pass app - I was sound asleep nursing a cold. Luckily, I didn’t have anything of real value except my golf clubs which were hidden under my seat. The thieves definitely searched the truck, assume looking for the key fob, as my truck was left a mess - paperwork/plans scattered everywhere, misc rags/towels thrown around, and my golf bag pockets opened. Turns out they took my owners manual that I had in my center console. Other than the factory pin card for keypad being in there, is there anything else the thieves can do with my owners manual? Can the code be reset just in case? I’m taking my truck to a Ford dealer in the AM. Broken in at San Antonio, but live in Houston. This might’ve been addressed in the thread, apologies if I missed it.

A friend of mine used to live out at the Rim in San Antonio for a few months in the apartments there. His platinum F150 was broken into right in front of his apartment. Took them less than 2 min to pull the entire lock box out of the center console. San Antonio is horrible, worse than Houston I am told, for vehicle break ins. It is frustrating.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was broken into twice in Houston in three months. If they don't pop the lock, they just break the window. Both of mine were on camera, and both were younger Hispanic males that pulled right up the the truck...which lets me know that they are targeting F150s

FYI, the door handle and lock cost around 1k to get replaced.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no idea the new trucks were this easy to break into. I had all the Jimmi Jammer stuff on the Gen 1 Raptor.

How secure are the C & G center console safes?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
don't park your truck in New Orleans as a whole. the new cool thing is to smash the rear driver side window and rummage through it. They're usually looking for guns. NOPD has a no chase policy, so unless a cop catches the perps outside of their vehicle, they can't even pursue.

I had a 48 hr old trailer stolen in Dallas last year. 5 days before I needed it to tow my raptor to Baja.

I purposely avoid staying in El Paso because I know that there is a solid chance something of mine will be liberated.

I'm not going to opening post what my security measures are at this point.

All I'll say is if someone jacks my shit, I am 100% certain that I'll find it. After all, my raptor no longer fits in a shipping container, and that would be about the only way to make finding the truck impossible.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hopefully this is something the next generation truck addresses.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turns out they took my owners manual that I had in my center console. Other than the factory pin card for keypad being in there, is there anything else the thieves can do with my owners manual? Can the code be reset just in case?

AFAIK the factory code cannot be changed. Ford's keypad entry is great, but that non-changeable code is a security weak point. Ask you dealer though, maybe they can do that now.