Progressive springs my experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two Raptors, 2012 and recently acquires 2014. I just install the progressive springs last week on my 2014. Went from 24.25" low perch stock to 26.75 mid perch. Love the ride. My whole plan with the springs is to run 37" projects on factory beadlocks. I can tell you there is definitely a ride difference between just doing the mod perch and doing the mod perch with progressive spring. As for height difference between the two. My 2012 on mid perch/stock spring is 26.25.

So you're running the progressive springs with the shocks set at mid as well?

mike.s

Reaction score
Couple questions:

1) Are you guys installing these springs yourself or taking them somewhere to do it? If taking it somewhere, where?

2) Has anyone inquired with UTV about making them in a different color?

2014BAMF

Reaction score
I had the dealer install the springs. The installed the springs and did the alignment for $200.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit damn! Just installed these and my @ReadyLift UCAs and these springs at Mid-Perch are amazing. It's really night and day in the difference.

The road drive feels a bit firmer/controlled, but yet soft and smooth. The little bit of dirt driving is so much more controlled and smooth, the pogo, which really isn't a lot on the stock coils, is gone.

If anyone is on the fence about these, it's a must if you don't want to spend the $5k on 3.0s.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Well I'm now on the waiting list (about 90 days from now) for a set of PS and want to hear how the PS are holding up to the early adapters?

@mudblood @M64D RAPTOR @LekRap

I'm still on the fence with low/mid perch. I tow a 7000lbs toybox and the first time I did so in February, my Raptor sat level in the rear.

IMG_0506_zpslk7516s0.jpg

IMG_1067_zpsivkpmxcn.jpg

I like the current low-perch ride and when I tow I sit level. Being honest though I do more everyday driving with off-roading when I can and I tow even less...

I want to balance (1) great-ride with (2) off-road/level. I'm leaning towards the PS @ mid-perch and worrying about the trailer when that time comes...

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm now on the waiting list (about 90 days from now) for a set of PS and want to hear how the PS are holding up to the early adapters?

@mudblood @M64D RAPTOR @LekRap

I'm still on the fence with low/mid perch. I tow a 7000lbs toybox and the first time I did so in February, my Raptor sat level in the rear.

IMG_0506_zpslk7516s0.jpg

IMG_1067_zpsivkpmxcn.jpg

I like the current low-perch ride and when I tow I sit level. Being honest though I do more everyday driving with off-roading when I can and I tow even less...

I want to balance (1) great-ride with (2) off-road/level. I'm leaning towards the PS @ mid-perch and worrying about the trailer when that time comes...

I'm mid with these springs...the ride to me is the same if not better with these at mid.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trick_Raptor I'm on these Gieser Bros progressive coils on bottom perch (which actually sits at stock springs mid perch height). I am very very happy with them. I feel like I basically get the best of all worlds with these on bottom perch. The ride is much better than stock coils at mid-perch. Much less of a pressure feel and none of that "pogo" feel. I would recommend anyone to get these progressive coils and the safe bet is to put them at bottom perch. I would say that they don't ride quite as "Cadillac" like on the street as the stock coils at bottom. But the truck no longer nose dives in hard braking and off-road performance is much improved and I overall love them.

I am considering going to these coils at mid-just for the purpose of clearing 37" tires. I still have to wear down my current tires, but my next tires will be 37's. I hope that the ride isn't much different then it is now. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something though.

All in all, you can't go wrong with these progressive coils on bottom perch. GREAT RIDE and the height of mid-perch. I highly recommend it!

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's great to hear they're making the springs again. Very tempting mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still loving mine. I have them on at midperch and they ride smooth. I've had them since last September and now maybe 3/4'' lower than when first put on. Still rides absolutely awesome, and would do it again.