Progressive springs my experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, it has nothing to do with the height or springs, it has to do with that fact that they took apart your front suspension was completely taken apart and put back together. Anytime you do work that involves taking apart the front suspension you should do an alignment.

Alignment question. The shop doing the install says ill need a alignment because they are taking the shocks out etc. I would have thought if the ride height is about the same as before ( stk springs at mid vs new springs at bottom) that i wouldnt need a alignment?

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alignment question. The shop doing the install says ill need a alignment because they are taking the shocks out etc. I would have thought if the ride height is about the same as before ( stk springs at mid vs new springs at bottom) that i wouldnt need a alignment?

You can take the shocks out and put them back in everyday if you chose and you wouldn't have to get an alignment. But since you installed a taller spring, yes, you should get an alignment. The spec affected is the toe and since you're hooked up to the alignment rack you might as well get the whole shebang.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now going on 8000 miles on top perch with 14 model. No issues and simply love the ride. Also love being LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update for mine. Went through Raptoberfest and multiple other offroad excursions. Im on Midperch with these Geis Bros and I would do It all over again. Best Mod to date.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any premature wear on the front end parts with these springs and being on Mid-Perch?

I had my truck set at Mid-Perch and loved it until I added a new 108# front bumper and lights. Now it sits a little lower and my rake is back.

I'm thinking of going to Top-Perch, but I don't want premature front end wear. Will these springs add some height and not do any damage?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any premature wear on the front end parts with these springs and being on Mid-Perch?

I had my truck set at Mid-Perch and loved it until I added a new 108# front bumper and lights. Now it sits a little lower and my rake is back.

I'm thinking of going to Top-Perch, but I don't want premature front end wear. Will these springs add some height and not do any damage?

If i where you i would get the springs and set the stock shocks back to low perch, and let the springs do the lifting but that imo

Malibu1

Reaction score
My little 1 inch lift I got from these springs have now settled about 1/4 inch over the last couple 1000 miles. So now I am at about 3/4 of an inch lift from these. I love the ride but will have to go to mid perch now.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only thing I can tell you is one member on here with a 13 model has these springs still on mid perch and has, I think now well over 18000 miles without any issues.

2014BAMF

Reaction score
I have two Raptors, 2012 and recently acquires 2014. I just install the progressive springs last week on my 2014. Went from 24.25" low perch stock to 26.75 mid perch. Love the ride. My whole plan with the springs is to run 37" projects on factory beadlocks. I can tell you there is definitely a ride difference between just doing the mod perch and doing the mod perch with progressive spring. As for height difference between the two. My 2012 on mid perch/stock spring is 26.25.