Progressive springs my experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the next gen rap will have corrected the rake and ride? I've heard the leaf packs will be substantially better.
There should be no temptation on this mod. It should be the first one along with the leaf springs. IMO

BRAAAPTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From stock springs/Bottom perch TO Geiser Springs/Mid Perch

I am finally getting around to writing about going from stock springs/bottom perch to Geiser springs/Mid perch and posting the before and after pictures. I hope this answers some of your questions. If you want to see all the pictures go to my album on my public profile.
A few weeks ago I received a complete set of rebuilt shocks from We Rebuild & Tune Shocks – Specializing in Ford/Fox Raptor Shocks. I opted for the Flutter Stacks and Stage One valving. I also had them set to Mid perch, but this is something that is quite simple to do while the shock is off and the spring is off unless the perch is corroded to the shock body. In this instance you will need some penetrant and a 20 ton or so press.
I purchased the Geiser springs from https://www.utvinc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=raptor for $499.95 in December. Yes, they still have them in stock. I measured both the stock and the Geiser springs. (see pics) The stock spring was 17 ¼” and the Geiser spring measured 19 1/8” for a total difference of 1 7/8”.
Removal and installation was pretty straight forward. Make sure you have a nice spring compressor as it could be challenging to install the new Geiser springs onto the shocks. Once done I had the front end aligned. The only thing that was out was the toe.
I love the way my truck sits now! It sits perfectly level. Here are the measurements that I did before and after the mod. I measured from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender flare. I feel this is the best way to measure as it has the least amount of variables and is a way you can compare your measurements to mine. Tire size doesn’t matter using this method.
Stock Spring/Bottom Perch; Drivers side 24”, Passenger side 24 ¼”
Geiser Spring/Mid Perch; Drivers Side 26 ¼”, Passenger Side 26 3/8”
So my overall lift was about 2 1/8”. I don’t see how only swapping springs to Geisers could give you 2” of lift as they claim. Geisers plus Mid perch only gave me 2 1/8”.
Since installation I have only put on about 300 hundred street miles. The ride is amazing! Very plush feeling. So much better than it was before. But remember I also had the shocks rebuilt. The old shocks had about 63K miles on them and were due for a rebuild but were not blown. So I have a few variables and not just new springs on mid perch but I really like the ride a LOT better and I feel it’s the Geiser springs. I have not had a chance to get out off road yet due to too much snow and still piling up but I can’t wait until I can! I will report back then.

Stock vs Geiser.jpg

Before 1.jpg

After 1.jpg

Before 2.jpg

After 2.jpg

Before 4.jpg

After 4.jpg

Before 7.jpg

After 7.jpg

Last edited:

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am finally getting around to writing about going from stock springs/bottom perch to Geiser springs/Mid perch and posting the before and after pictures. I hope this answers some of your questions. If you want to see all the pictures go to my album on my public profile.
A few weeks ago I received a complete set of rebuilt shocks from We Rebuild & Tune Shocks – Specializing in Ford/Fox Raptor Shocks. I opted for the Flutter Stacks and Stage One valving. I also had them set to Mid perch, but this is something that is quite simple to do while the shock is off and the spring is off unless the perch is corroded to the shock body. In this instance you will need some penetrant and a 20 ton or so press.
I purchased the Geiser springs from https://www.utvinc.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=raptor for $499.95 in December. Yes, they still have them in stock. I measured both the stock and the Geiser springs. (see pics) The stock spring was 17 ¼” and the Geiser spring measured 19 1/8” for a total difference of 1 7/8”.
Removal and installation was pretty straight forward. Make sure you have a nice spring compressor as it could be challenging to install the new Geiser springs onto the shocks. Once done I had the front end aligned. The only thing that was out was the toe.
I love the way my truck sits now! It sits perfectly level. Here are the measurements that I did before and after the mod. I measured from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender flare. I feel this is the best way to measure as it has the least amount of variables and is a way you can compare your measurements to mine. Tire size doesn’t matter using this method.
So my overall lift was about 2 1/8”. I don’t see how only swapping springs to Geisers could give you 2” of lift as they claim. Geisers plus Mid perch only gave me 2 1/8”.
Since installation I have only put on about 300 hundred street miles. The ride is amazing! Very plush feeling. So much better than it was before. But remember I also had the shocks rebuilt. The old shocks had about 63K miles on them and were due for a rebuild but were not blown. So I have a few variables and not just new springs on mid perch but I really like the ride a LOT better and I feel it’s the Geiser springs. I have not had a chance to get out off road yet due to too much snow and still piling up but I can’t wait until I can! I will report back then.
Thanks for the write up, I've been thinking about upgrading front springs, I'm running Deaver +3's in back so it'll be a good pairing.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the pics. i was gonna create a thread lookin for some side shots of these springs with mid-perch and this saves me the trouble. a buddy of mine thought the wheel wells would look empty unless i shoved 37's in there, which ive no desire to do, but i love the leveled look and these should shut him up. now i just need to try to stop myself from ordering them.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score

X2 on the ride improvement. I dont have rebuilt shocks, but my truck wasnt off roaded very hard and the shocks are still in good shape. I've had my springs on for about a year now, got in early on the group buy. I did go from Low perch stock to low perch gieser. I thought the ride on low perch was a little too mushy and went to mid perch shortly after. I cant say enough on how much of an improvement over stock my truck has. Later on last year, I picked up some National SD springs and that made a huge difference too. The truck sits level now and rides great. It wont give you a trophy truck ride over the whoops, but its still MUCH better than stock. Money well spent!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Looks like they're on backorder now. Added them to my cart and it showed them as being on backorder.