GEN 2 Pricing Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road Trip!

I know right? Honestly they just pushed me into saying "**** it, I'm gonna take MSRP and be happy" and in the end, I'm at peace with that. The dealer I've been working with all along on the east coast has been phenomenal, up front, informative, AND most importantly, responsive.

Come delivery time, I've got a very nice solo vacation/road trip in a very nice new truck. I'm sure I'll be smiling from ear to ear the entire ride home, across the entire continent (I'm in CA). I'm gonna get to test that baby on the salt flats in Utah, and some desert in AZ or NV as well - woo hoo for Baja mode!

Hey i was told there is a lot of extra taxes buying it out of state?

I'm in Cali too!! Road Trip!

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in the OC. :) Nice down there. I'm up in SF bay (peninsula - the good side).
Negative on the extra taxes thing. Someone who told you that didn't know what they were talking about.

Two things can/will happen.
1. You pay the tax rate for the state you buy it in (7% in IN for example). Drive it home to CA, go to DMV, show purchase receipt that you paid 7% tax already on the sale, then you pay the difference between that and CA tax (another 2%) to the DMV when you're registering it.

#2 - Dealer can have you pay the tax rate for your state and even register it in your state. (Not all states/dealers may be able to do this - my dealer uses a service that does the out of state registration.) I'm doing this option.

Either way, you're not going to be double taxed or pay anything extra. You can also have it delivered to any dealer in the country despite who you order it from, though the receiving dealer will most certainly charge you between $300-$1000 to "receive" it on your behalf (such ********). Even though this is certainly cheaper than flying one way and driving it home, I don't give a crap. I want to meet with my dealer face to face, take my truck from them, and drive it all the way home enjoying it. Yes - Road Trip!

BrensketheBlade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the vets overseas, the gen 1 was available through the exchange car buying service. I priced one out once but it wasn't the right time. I believe it was invoice pricing but I could be wrong.

Buy my truck!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

I talked to the military auto source guy when I was deployed in February. It was kind of a rip off for the regular f-150, like 1000 under msrp, but they do price match. He told me that I could put my name in for the raptor and he guaranteed it would be MSRP or lower since they can't sell over. I'm guessing it's full msrp no lower.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be waiting for the 2018 models from what I understand that's when they are no longer exclusive to "SVT" dealers. Should see better pricing and hopefully we'll have a better idea of how they're doing. If it's going to be 80k though.....

Sherwood Ford used to be Healy in the city, they were great for my first truck. On the second truck after they moved to Sherwood we were waiting at the dealer for hours and shown almost no courtesy, this was picking up the truck after signing the papers. Freedom beat there trade offer towards the third truck by a few grand so they got the next sale. The sales folk at Sherwood have all been awful in my personal experience, I wont be going back.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely give USAA a look! I bought my Gen 1 through them and got it for a great discount when many dealers were still selling at or above MSRP. Just go on the website, put in the options your looking for and see which dealers will give you pricing...It's a great program for Vets!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Best honest price I can find - MSRP

You're in the OC. :) Nice down there. I'm up in SF bay (peninsula - the good side).
Negative on the extra taxes thing. Someone who told you that didn't know what they were talking about.

Two things can/will happen.
1. You pay the tax rate for the state you buy it in (7% in IN for example). Drive it home to CA, go to DMV, show purchase receipt that you paid 7% tax already on the sale, then you pay the difference between that and CA tax (another 2%) to the DMV when you're registering it.

#2 - Dealer can have you pay the tax rate for your state and even register it in your state. (Not all states/dealers may be able to do this - my dealer uses a service that does the out of state registration.) I'm doing this option.

Either way, you're not going to be double taxed or pay anything extra. You can also have it delivered to any dealer in the country despite who you order it from, though the receiving dealer will most certainly charge you between $300-$1000 to "receive" it on your behalf (such ********). Even though this is certainly cheaper than flying one way and driving it home, I don't give a crap. I want to meet with my dealer face to face, take my truck from them, and drive it all the way home enjoying it. Yes - Road Trip!

I just bought my GT350 in AZ and drove it back. I got a 90 day tag from AZ. The dealer uses a company out of Temecula called CARS. Pay the smog, reg taxes and the fee to CARS and they do everything for you. I did have to get the car inspected at DMV. You might want to check with the dealer, but my AZ dealer couldn't register it because the inspection needed to be completed before hand. Because it couldn't have the title transferred or registered they couldn't put tax on the deal for a purchase. I did lease the car so I wasn't coming out of pocket the tax money when we registered it, which was about $6,000. If you haven't, call CARS, or a similar company, and make sure you know exactly what to ask from the dealership. CA is a lot different and much more strict than other states...shocker

Elizabeth Perez
CARS
Phone (951)694-4331
Fax (951)694-0213

palma

Reaction score
I'll be waiting for the 2018 models from what I understand that's when they are no longer exclusive to "SVT" dealers. Should see better pricing and hopefully we'll have a better idea of how they're doing. If it's going to be 80k though.....

Sherwood Ford used to be Healy in the city, they were great for my first truck. On the second truck after they moved to Sherwood we were waiting at the dealer for hours and shown almost no courtesy, this was picking up the truck after signing the papers. Freedom beat there trade offer towards the third truck by a few grand so they got the next sale. The sales folk at Sherwood have all been awful in my personal experience, I wont be going back.

Maybe that means there will be more of them available this time with shorter wait times. Consumers and Ford win. Gouging dealers won't like this. Given the prices at the moment. I think I am just going to wait it out. Unless an invoice + upto $1k type offer comes along.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Friday update, dealer 2 2k overinvoice, dealer 3 1k over invoice, but #3 in line? 2 guys ahead paying full MSRP. Not done yet.

palma

Reaction score
Today's update, dealer 1 at MSRP done. Dealer 2 2k over invoice. Dealer 3 waiting for numbers, asking for 1k over invoice.

Seems like the desperation might dry out fast on these. Not because its not a great truck, but Ford might be putting these out in bigger numbers. Someone mentioned earlier that by 2018 not SVT dealers will be getting them. So that can only be good for the consumer.

chiefy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FOR USAA it doesnt matter the vehicle. You are getting approved for an amount not to exceed.