GEN 2 Pricing Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USAA has a vehicle purchase program. They connect you with a prearranged dealer. Most deals are invoice + $500 or less. You do have to be a USAA member. Also if you bank with a credit union check with them. Most have similar purchase programs. Costco also has them. Take a look at Truecar.com they may have something better than retail.

I do appreciate this information. Though a couple of things. I'm not a USAA member; also I'm not sure these buying options/channels come into play just yet for the raptor. Perhaps after the new year or the middle of the next year, but I'm hoping for a nice 2016 Christmas present or birthday present (Feb. 2017). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to get it sooner rather than later.

Side note: a lady hit our vehicle yesterday and she's 100% at fault. I have Ameriprise insurance (via Costco) and I'm going to switch. They are the absolute worst. Sat at the accident scene for nearly 5 HOURS while they tried to find a car rental company that had cars to rent to pick us up - though BEFORE they'd do any of that, they wanted me to give all the god damned details of the accident first! I was pissed - I'm on the side of the road with my 3 year old son and his car seat, with a tow truck driver wanting to take the vehicle away, and you want me to step through all of the particulars of the accident right now??? Been meaning to check out USAA - time to do it later today for sure!

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

USAA has a thing a called car buying services. You get approved for a loan amount and let them take care of the rest. They will even call the Dealer and work it for you if you want.

Honestly the best thing to do is call them. For me I priced out my truck but the dealership back in 2012 was $1K cheaper so I went with them but still financed through USAA.

Good luck man, plus this is how I always see it. IF you can afford and are comfortable with the payments, then "it's your money use it when you need it." (JG Wentworth Commercial.)

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Hit me up in Vegas, I would like to see it in person! Also that's a beautiful feeling, when you're driving by yourself and enjoying a new beast.... You're going to be breaking necks as you pass by people.

Not a bad idea. Might be cool to meet some new friends with common interests on the way home. :)

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side note: a lady hit our vehicle yesterday and she's 100% at fault. I have Ameriprise insurance (via Costco) and I'm going to switch. They are the absolute worst. Sat at the accident scene for nearly 5 HOURS while they tried to find a car rental company that had cars to rent to pick us up - though BEFORE they'd do any of that, they wanted me to give all the god damned details of the accident first! I was pissed - I'm on the side of the road with my 3 year old son and his car seat, with a tow truck driver wanting to take the vehicle away, and you want me to step through all of the particulars of the accident right now??? Been meaning to check out USAA - time to do it later today for sure!

I do recommend you looking towards USAA especially for us Vets.

uppitycitizen

Reaction score
I am getting exactly the same pricing as you from a dealer in Toronto. For the luxury option, factoring in exchange rates it works out to be pretty much exactly the same as the US price, although we get a few extra options as standard (heated steering, block heater). I'm still not clear if we get the 4.10 gear ratio, or if adaptive cruise is even available.

BrensketheBlade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have USAA and their car buying service is great. The problem is that their pricing is based off of truecar.com and that pricing is based on what the average price people are paying is.

so, while USAA could almost certainly get a raptor for under MSRP, you will have to wait until they are actually on the market and they have market pricing to base their price off of. I experienced this last year when I was pricing the 2016 F-150 USAA dint have pricing for the 2016's until like DEC 2015. So if your plan is to order a raptor then don't plan on using USAA. If someone knows something I don't, please chime in.

porsche332

Reaction score
And they all will tell you Raptors are excluded.The only way you get sticker or less wait 6-12 months till the desperate people get their ********.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Today's update, dealer 1 at MSRP done. Dealer 2 2k over invoice. Dealer 3 waiting for numbers, asking for 1k over invoice.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For the vets overseas, the gen 1 was available through the exchange car buying service. I priced one out once but it wasn't the right time. I believe it was invoice pricing but I could be wrong.

Buy my truck!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

palma

Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen a PDF with MSRP, package and options pricing for Canada? I asked my dealer for info yesterday and they said they had absolutely no news whatsoever. Until I see something in writing, I think it's too early to commenting on whether or not pricing in Canada will be excessive.

Yes, I asked for all that and at the time all they could provide were the base prices.

I have a price sheet from Sherwood Park as well. They took pics from what their order system spit out and sent them to me. The prices are:

Base Crew: $69899
802A Luxury: $7900
43V Twin Moonroof: $1750
55G Exterior GFX: $1350
55R Hood GFX: $1150
60R Interior Color Accent: $950
61C Carbon Fiber: $1250
63E Bed Extender: $350
63T Tailgate Step: $400
64D 17" Forged Aluminum Beadlock: $1390
68R Raptor Tech Pkg: $2500 (quoted, price not visible)
96W Spray In Liner: $550
Destination and Delivery: $1700

My truck as ordered (I deleted the GFX, carbon, orange accents, wheels, bed extender) is $82299 MSRP and invoice is $73722. I'm not sure if I'm going to put the money down or not, I hate paying that much over invoice... And they want $5k down. I've never dealt with these guys before.

Also note that things like the heated steering wheel, heated rear seats are included in the 802A Canadian trucks and not included with the 802A US. Also things like the tailgate applique may or may not be on there, they said they couldn't find them as options. Block heater would be standard. So there are differences from the US options sheet posted on here.

Wow it is marked up quite a bit. The guy told me the orders were going 'fast'. He said they already had 10/66. I was expecting him to say only 10 slots left. Doesn't seem like they were going fast. Could be a different situation now though.

I am getting exactly the same pricing as you from a dealer in Toronto. For the luxury option, factoring in exchange rates it works out to be pretty much exactly the same as the US price, although we get a few extra options as standard (heated steering, block heater). I'm still not clear if we get the 4.10 gear ratio, or if adaptive cruise is even available.

I already mentioned that in my very first post that the prices are exactly in line with the US $ after conversion. However, the currency exchange is at one of the worst points at the moment. All other Ford products carry the same $ figure whether in CAD or USD. Ford it seems wanted to keep pricing equal regardless of fluctuations in currencies? And in my post that is exactly what I was hoping for someone to address. Am I correct in thinking this price similarity that Ford has for other products won't apply to the Raptors? After what Bombsquad68 posted it seems its just more of an aggressive markup. I'll hope for a better deals to come along or maybe Ford will sell them as Build and Price on their site.

Last edited:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford Canada website always seems to show every discount available on the price listed, not the MSRP. The US site shows MSRP without discounts... It could be due to advertising laws in the US?

I ended up putting $3k down at the dealer on an Avalanche Grey Crew Cab, apparently I'm 11th in line.

Got these options... Added the exterior gfx package because I wanted the tailgate applique (I know, I know) and it's not a standalone option.

802A Luxury
43V Twin Moonroof
55G Exterior GFX
63T Tailgate Step
68R Raptor Tech Pkg
96W Spray In Liner

palma

Reaction score
The Ford Canada website always seems to show every discount available on the price listed, not the MSRP. The US site shows MSRP without discounts... It could be due to advertising laws in the US?

I ended up putting $3k down at the dealer on an Avalanche Grey Crew Cab, apparently I'm 11th in line.

Got these options... Added the exterior gfx package because I wanted the tailgate applique (I know, I know) and it's not a standalone option.

802A Luxury
43V Twin Moonroof
55G Exterior GFX
63T Tailgate Step
68R Raptor Tech Pkg
96W Spray In Liner

Congrats man. Pretty much exactly what I would get, but Supercab instead. Ya that makes sense about the discounts being applied. Just noticed that myself. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited: