Power steering Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big White Raptor
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I pretty much exclusively off-road my truck. I have the stock pump and reservoir. I had no issues at all until I put 37" General Grabbers (very heavy tires) on. 50k off-road miles and I'm on my second pump and I'm still running those heavy tires.

I will say I've had hoses blow off three times, but unless you are changing the front end around the stock will work fine. Replace the reservoir if you want a little extra safety.

A stock pump is $200, the Howe is $1000. I just carry a spare pump with me. I can swap it out 3 or 4 more times before I would have paid for the Howe. I also have a belt I carry that fits the 6.2, bypassing the PS pump. Worst case, I'll go without PS to get off the trail.
I’m also running general grabbers :) absolutely love those tires. Where are you finding an OEM pump for $200? My mechanic is trying to source one and can’t find any and neither can I? Ford has an OEM for $340 but that’s all I can find local other than another manufacturer like Autocraft through special order.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m also running general grabbers :) absolutely love those tires. Where are you finding an OEM pump for $200? My mechanic is trying to source one and can’t find any and neither can I? Ford has an OEM for $340 but that’s all I can find local other than another manufacturer like Autocraft through special order.
I ordered the OEM pump from a dealer in KC for $224:
https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-power-steering-pump-bl3z3a696a

Warning, I believe there is a small core charge as well.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Thoughts on brands? I saw online that Cardone doesn’t have the best reviews but BBB manufactures for NAPA so I may go with them
It looks like the BBB one doesn't include the pulley. Probably fine for swapping in your driveway, but if you are wanting a spare for the trail I would make sure you have a new one with the pulley to make it easier and quicker.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the 2010 6.2 pumps still unobtainable? Will a 2011 work what are the differences? Thought my pump was on way out turned out noisy idler. I keep fluid changed and have PSS cooler and reservoir , fluid is clean redline power steering fluid always. 95,000 miles

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Thoughts on brands? I saw online that Cardone doesn’t have the best reviews but BBB manufactures for NAPA so I may go with them
after my power steering pump went out, i had a fun time playing musical pumps. the cardone pumps were doa for me. i ordered one, put it in, didnt work. shipped it back and put my dead oem back in. 10 days later got a replacement. it was dead too. pulled it out, sent it back and got my money back. i ended up going to autozone and buying one. they have a lifetime warranty so if it goes out again, i can swap it at any store. so far its been just fine. been about 16k miles now. the motorcraft is the oem part so that will always be the best. just a little more expensive is all. but i couldnt wait any longer so i decided autozone was best for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc