GEN 1 Power steering out! 75000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim_Robison

Reaction score
How do we troubleshoot this To make sure it’s just not air in the pump? Never lost power steering fluid and it’s still full I know about RPG reservoirs which I will be buying soon. Thanks Guys!

Attachments

• CA99E7AF-8D45-4D07-BC1F-445995B1EAB4.jpeg
    CA99E7AF-8D45-4D07-BC1F-445995B1EAB4.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 18

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it not working at all or squealing really bad? Does it work better when cold? More info Tim, please.

OP
OP
Tim_Robison

Tim_Robison

Reaction score
Not squealing bad, but the power steering is out I get a little pressure when first turning. But that’s it
2013 6.2L SVT RAPTOR 75000

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the pump to me, been there, done that twice. The last time was two months ago. I'm at 115K on a 2012. First was somewhere in the 30K range. I put in an inline cooler this last time.

OP
OP
Tim_Robison

Tim_Robison

Reaction score
Sounds like the pump to me, been there, done that twice. The last time was two months ago. I'm at 115K on a 2012. First was somewhere in the 30K range. I put in an inline cooler this last time.
I didn’t know how to properly diagnose the power steering! That helps right? Yes very high whin sound at 3000 rpm. Still. So the unions out the rack and Pinion is good what products are we using to diagnose this? I mean what’s the best out there anybody have an idea is an RPG?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t know how to properly diagnose the power steering! That helps right? Yes very high whin sound at 3000 rpm. Still. So the unions out the rack and Pinion is good what products are we using to diagnose this? I mean what’s the best out there anybody have an idea is an RPG?
I've had the RPG reservoir for almost a decade, on the original pump and rack still :boobs:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the PS is out - i.e. nothing happens when you turn the steering wheel - then isn't it a bit unlikely that a new reservoir will restore function?

OP
OP
Tim_Robison

Tim_Robison

Reaction score
Nothings in stock anybody know where to get one?
Is it not working at all or squealing really bad? Does it work better when cold? More info Tim, please.
If the PS is out - i.e. nothing happens when you turn the steering wheel - then isn't it a bit unlikely that a new reservoir will restore function?
Yeah it’s whining high at 3000. I need I new reservoir with baffles, And I’ll get the stock steering pump.