Power steering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crocktopus

Reaction score
Guys, I'm new here, please help me understand when installing a reservoir why you need to disconnect the factory cooler at all?

Last edited:

Crocktopus

Reaction score
I have a RPG reservoir and never had anything disconnected, not sure what you are referring to.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. So I watched some YouTube PS pump/reservoir swaps and a number of them (Like raptor therapy channel) capping off the front radiator fittings when installing the reservoir up front. He states the installation manual tells to do so. I understand it gets some cooling, but wouldn't it be better with the radiator still hooked up? By radiator I mean the AC condenser and PS fluid cooler in front of the radiator.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more specific. So I watched some YouTube PS pump/reservoir swaps and a number of them (Like raptor therapy channel) capping off the front radiator fittings when installing the reservoir up front. He states the installation manual tells to do so. I understand it gets some cooling, but wouldn't it be better with the radiator still hooked up? By radiator I mean the AC condenser and PS fluid cooler in front of the radiator.
They are probably installing a bigger cooler is why, there’s a few members on here who have added a larger PS cooler.

Crocktopus

Reaction score
They are probably installing a bigger cooler is why, there’s a few members on here who have added a larger PS cooler.
They didn't! That's why I am confused. The new reservoir goes in front and has fins, but I don't think I would want to say 'no' to the extra cooling off the factory cooler in that case. Anyway, I wonder how large the factory cooler is. I understand it's shared with the AC condenser(?) I am looking into the best solution to avoid blowing the PSP. Very occasional spirited driver.