Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieseldude

Reaction score
Had a clicking in steering... turns out the lower steering u joint failed... Great.
5 days from Detroit... Only 6K miles.
hummm

rgrismer

Reaction score
Oops, just missed

A lot off loud honking noise from that little lowered Honda I could not see and almost drove over. Sorry guy, please stay clear of the front of the Truck when it is moving.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine’s a 2018 with 2000 miles. The diverter mechanism that controls the AC/Heater air flow options stopped working and it now only blows in defrost. I going to try and take it in next week and hope that I don’t have to remove my Locker Down vault in the console. I imagine they might need to remove the center console and parts of the dash to gain access to the servo flapper thing that directs the air.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A lot off loud honking noise from that little lowered Honda I could not see and almost drove over. Sorry guy, please stay clear of the front of the Truck when it is moving.

The rodent of the car world, from the same genus as the prius. They are meant to be driven over so that other, larger vehicles can survive.

EOmfD

Reaction score
2018 w/1700mi - heater fan motor intermittently blows at any setting above 3, and won’t shift to 4A or 4H once that happens. It’s been a the dealership for a week with no cure.

Panduh

Reaction score
10,500 miles on my 18 -

Have oil pan leak - dealership can't fix it until the 29th so they told me to keep oil in the truck and just keep topping it off haha -
exhaust rattle that seems to have gone away?
Infotainment system seems to freeze up
Shifting points in S mode are rough

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2017 SCAB with 10,000 miles with cracked/leaking transmission case. Needs new transmission or new case, neither have been found/allocated. Has been at the dealer on the lift since 12/19/2017.

Called 1-800 Ford today. Calling Lemon Lawyer next week if no resolution this week. Dealer continues to go out of their way to help but Ford Motor Co. not so much.

The oil pan leaks too, just like the brand new 2018 F150 EB loaner the dealer has me driving.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
2017 SCAB with 10,000 miles with cracked/leaking transmission case. Needs new transmission or new case, neither have been found/allocated. Has been at the dealer on the lift since 12/19/2017.

Called 1-800 Ford today. Calling Lemon Lawyer next week if no resolution this week. Dealer continues to go out of their way to help but Ford Motor Co. not so much.

The oil pan leaks too, just like the brand new 2018 F150 EB loaner the dealer has me driving.

Damn, sorry to hear that. that is almost as bad as some of the Gen 1 Raptor stories.

You should be familiar with your states lemon law. Many of them were created from what is referred to as “model legislation”. Several states contain exceptions to qualification for filing under the lemon law if you are given a loaner vehicle.

You need to proceed very carefully. Once you sue, or even mention suing, the dealer is bound by their employment relationship to diligently represent Ford, not you. I would urge you to do everything you can short of suing, or mentioning any legal procedures. Try to keep the dealer on your side as much as you can. Bring doughnuts, beer, whatever it takes. Make it so that even if you are in a super bad mood, s/a, manager and mechanics all look forward too seeing you.

It may end up that you still need to sue, but if you can avoid it and get it resolved, much better for you. Lemon law suits take somewhere between six to eighteen months to resolve so if you are down during this time frame, you’re not in good shape.

good luck.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear that. that is almost as bad as some of the Gen 1 Raptor stories.

You should be familiar with your states lemon law. Many of them were created from what is referred to as “model legislation”. Several states contain exceptions to qualification for filing under the lemon law if you are given a loaner vehicle.

You need to proceed very carefully. Once you sue, or even mention suing, the dealer is bound by their employment relationship to diligently represent Ford, not you. I would urge you to do everything you can short of suing, or mentioning any legal procedures. Try to keep the dealer on your side as much as you can. Bring doughnuts, beer, whatever it takes. Make it so that even if you are in a super bad mood, s/a, manager and mechanics all look forward too seeing you.

It may end up that you still need to sue, but if you can avoid it and get it resolved, much better for you. Lemon law suits take somewhere between six to eighteen months to resolve so if you are down during this time frame, you’re not in good shape.

good luck.

Sage advice and I appreciate it. Hard not to get irritated after a month of the dealer requesting something (new transmission) from Ford but no movement.

I will try to be patient.....