Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected, I read a lot guys having problems with 2017 and chalked it up to being because of its first year of gen2, most vehicles have small problems their first production year. Glad to hear no everyone is having problems. They were alll minor things anyways

Sawdust

Reaction score
2017 Supercab with 10,000 Miles had Roll pin recall completed over 1 week ago. Attempted to drive on Monday to relatives for Xmas (~400) miles but hemorrhaged transmission fluid about 150 Miles into trip. Limped to 2nd dealership in closest town available. Transmission temps never elevated. Got a loaner from them for the week.

It’s either a complete coincidence or my home dealership *****’ed something with the roll pin recall.

Just had the same experience, but ended up at a dealership with a real good master mechanic that figured it out.

The roll pin recall allows the dealership to charge up to 7 quarts of transmission fluid. If they don’t know what they’re doing and read it wrong they will actually add 7 quarts of fluid, over filling the trans. It heats up expands and finds the path of least resistance out of the pan seal.

If you have this recall done it is important to remind them no to overfill the trans fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2017 Supercab with 10,000 Miles had Roll pin recall completed over 1 week ago. Attempted to drive on Monday to relatives for Xmas (~400) miles but hemorrhaged transmission fluid about 150 Miles into trip. Limped to 2nd dealership in closest town available. Transmission temps never elevated. Got a loaner from them for the week.

2nd dealership replaces transmission pan gasket and seal between transfer case and transmission and state all fixed and no leaks. I picked it up this past Saturday and I drove 70 miles towards home and hemorrhaged transmission fluid for the 2nd time. Stuck on interstate for 2 hours while waiting on tow truck to tow Raptor the other 85 miles to my home dealership.

It’s either a complete coincidence or my home dealership *****’ed something with the roll pin recall.

My oil pan leaks too but part is on 2-week back order.

Talked to the dealership today and there is a leak around where the housing of the transmission bolts to the transfer case (i.e. crack in the transmission housing vs where the bolts hold). They stated they would need to replace the transmission case which would be on back order for months, since they don't exist yet.

They dropped the entire transmission today and took a bunch of pics to submit to Ford Motor Co. for approval to replace entire transmission.

Raptor67

Reaction score
Never really reply on forums by want other to know problems I am having so they can look as well to see if they have similar issues. Have a 2017 with 6000 miles. In the past week noticed two major issues. Had truck get stuck in 7th gear permanently. ( saw in another forum someone with the same problem). Truck did reset by turning off. They could replicate by going over 100. I did drive on i5 and go over 100 that day to pass cars. No code thrown on a mechanic friends snap on scan tool. In addition noticed front passenger axel seal is leaking badly. Going to schedule appointment at dealer but they will probably blame it on icon leveling kit. Either way check your front axel seals just in case it is a problem on all models.

Tim182d

Reaction score
Just turned over 17K on my ‘17. Love it. No problems.

Also, I have seen some of the worst winter driving conditions since I moved to the Rocky Mountains 15 years ago, and this beast simply ate them up. On a drive last weekend on I-90 south of Missoula, MT, we counted 12 semis in the ditch and numerous cars stranded. Seems ice had built up in all lanes then blown out causing huge rutting/pot hole problems of sorts...literally causing semis to blow out tires. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. The Raptor simply ate up the bumps and had amazing traction throughout the 600-mile trip.