Poll: Fog Light Damage

Are the backsides of your fog lights damaged in any way?

• Yes, very limited

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes, widespread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No damage at all

Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I heard a grumble about lights that get mounted in the two front corner fog light pocket areas; that the front tires chuck rocks into the unprotected backside of the lights and damage the light wiring, heat sinks, or housings. I'm curious if this is a more common problem that may be going unchecked. Check the back of your fog lights, is there any damage? How many miles have they been installed?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
As a side note, the KC Cube kit has a shield that protects the lights from rocks, so I never had any damage from rocks when I was running that setup.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard a grumble about lights that get mounted in the two front corner fog light pocket areas; that the front tires chuck rocks into the unprotected backside of the lights and damage the light wiring, heat sinks, or housings. I'm curious if this is a more common problem that may be going unchecked. Check the back of your fog lights, is there any damage? How many miles have they been installed?
if i remember correctly, i dont think it was rocks, but the aluminium heat sinks pitting.

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My only damage has been water related........ 15k and when I pulled it to send back only mud from the last offroad run.